I’ve been trying to keep the Christmas spirit at bay until after Thanksgiving, but I’m not being terribly successful. I’ve already dug into a bag of Dove peppermint bark chocolates, put a fresh pine wreath on the door, spun a Christmas album, and added a faux garland to our banister (complete with with fairy lights). Waking up to a dusting of snow was the icing on the cake. We don’t have a lot going on this weekend, aside from the requisite house projects and cleaning. We hit up a vintage sale this morning and went out to brunch, and our beloved neighborhood bar (which is all of four houses away) is hosting its anniversary party tomorrow, so the weekend certainly won’t be all work and no play! Hope your weekend is wonderful!
- It’s the last weekend before Thanksgiving. If you’re hosting this year, here’s what you should do to prep.
- Why one of the 13 original Instagram employees deleted the app.
- How photographer Alfred Wertheimer captured Elvis Presley’s “Kiss.”
- I’m pretty sure I need these earrings.
- A roundup of places to donate to help those affected by the California fires.
- I made this apple cider and rum punch last Thanksgiving. It’s boozy, but really good.
- Tips on keeping furniture and floors free of pet hair. (I didn’t know about that rubber glove trick!)
- Strategies for dealing with difficult family members this holiday season.
- Paravel just launched an all-black colorway that’s impossibly chic.
- How to exfoliate depends on your skin type.
Finds Under $50:
- I tried this pore-cleansing mask earlier this week, and I think I like it more than the Origin’s charcoal mask.
- This notebook is too perfect for work.
- Embrace the headband trend with this sparkly version.
- These rainbow drop earrings pack a punch. Prefer something more subdued? Check out this trio of Lucite hoops.
- A cozy oversize sweater that’s on sale this weekend.
- Add some glam to your holiday decor with this pretty vase.
Earlier This Week:
- Rounding up some holiday-ready pieces.
- Six Christmas albums you need in your collection.
- Gift ideas for the hostess.
image via Unsplash