Happy Memorial Day weekend! This weekend is going to fly by for us. Today, we’re having a “house crawl” with some of our friends in the neighborhood, which is basically like a bar crawl where each house is serving a drink and a snack. We’re keeping it easy on this sweltering day and going with palomas (although, is tequila ever a good idea?) served with chips and guac. And then we’re off to Austin tomorrow! We rarely travel again so soon after a trip, but flights and hotels were cheap when we booked a few months back — and it seemed like the perfect way to celebrate my 35th birthday! You can follow along on Instagram and I’ll check back here on Friday! Enjoy the long weekend!
- I have been such a fan of Madewell dresses lately. I ordered this one to wear on my birthday and love it. (Of course I couldn’t wait until this coming Wednesday and already wore it. I received more compliments on this dress than any other in recent memory.) I’m thinking about adding this one to my summer wardrobe, too.
- Floating flowers in a vintage oyster dish is such a good idea.
- Amelia Bloomer started an accidental fashion revolution in the 1850s and now her name is synonymous with pants.
- Three spring pasta recipes to try.
- The cultural history of the ugly sandal.
- I think I mentioned these enamel plates before, but they’re so cute in person! I purchased a set of dinner plates and the salad plates for summer entertaining.
- A pina colada recipe that doesn’t require a blender.
- A weekend playlist.
Finds Under $50:
- A floral card case.
- A soft pajama set. (I just purchased this set in black. It runs large.)
- A pair of satin slides.
- A striped midi dress.
- A simple dress that’s best in red.
- A feminine wrap top.
Earlier This Week:
- An easy faux wrap dress I’ve been wearing a lot lately.
- 48 hours in Madison.
Let’s keep in touch! Instagram / Facebook / Pinterest / Bloglovin’