What a week! On Tuesday, we closed on our house. It was actually kind of anticlimactic to receive the keys after signing off on all of the paperwork. I think I was expecting to feel intensely elated and while I was certainly happy, I was mostly just ready to move on with it and start working! We’ve made some pretty impressive progress for the first week (after we were able to actually get into the house — some of our keys don’t work and there’s a trick to opening the front door). We removed the kitchen cabinets in the upstairs bedroom from when the house was converted into two apartments, pulled out remaining carpet, removed carpet finishing staples in the staircase, primed and painted the wood part on the front of the house (scroll over to see the original), and primed the railing and column on the front porch. We’ve been working for a few hours on the house after work every day and would like to finish those outside projects today so that we can start painting inside before our floors are refinished in two weeks. And I wish I could say that the walls and floors were all we needed to do in this house. There are a lot of projects that I’ll be documenting over on Curated Couple (and the blog once I have time to sit down, pretty it up, and add content). It won’t be the most glamorous Instagram feed, but I really wanted it as a way to document our progress and our mini successes. In more exciting house news, I ordered this jewelry cabinet for my closet. ::heart-eyes:: It arrives on Tuesday and while it’ll sit in its box in the kitchen until the floors are done, I can’t wait to start seeing the place come together.
- We’re a long way off from hosting parties at our house, but I just love this flamingo ring toss game! I’d love to spray paint them gold instead.
- Why has the statement earring grown in popularity?
- Take an extra 30% off sale items at Tory Burch with code EXTRA30. Obviously I have no money now, but if I did, I’d spring for these shoulder-dusting earrings.
- Start planning your Fourth of July menu. I’m all about corn salad.
- Photography tips for shooting in crowded places.
- Skittles gave up their rainbow colors for a limited time.
- It’s not often I fall in love with something from LOFT, but this has captured my fancy (and soon, my money).
- The story behind the world’s largest watercolor painting.
- The best U.S. cities for an affordable getaway.
- Disney has the best paint color for camouflaging unsightly things on their properties.
FIVE UNDER $50:
- An unexpected bow detail in back makes this striped tank a favorite of the summer.
- How great are these raffia tassel earrings? They’re a steal at just $10.
- I love the look of this dress, but Old Navy is always hit or miss for me (and usually a miss). Has anyone tried it?
- This vintage-inspired bag is too cute.
- Update your pajama drawer with this charming set.