While I was working on this post this morning, Dave peeked over my shoulder and teased “Weekend Reading … about myself.” He’s so punchy in the morning! (::eye roll::) But yes, one of this week’s highlights includes my feature in Madison Magazine this month as one of the city’s most fashionable people. It was so flattering, but I really can’t hold a candle to the others featured in the section! (And in retrospect, I wish I had went with sandals for the picture. It was a chilly day in early April when we shot these and while we were inside the humid botanical gardens, it didn’t cross my mind to bring along warm-weather footwear!)
I house-hunting news, we have two properties to see today that have potential. One has been updated, but not to our tastes. (The bathroom is completely done in brown tile. It’s something…) However, it has a lot of space that we can expand into and my favorite feature is an upstairs bedroom with a balcony overlooking the backyard. It looks like such a relaxing space to make into our office. The other house was built in 1929, in our ideal neighborhood, and not officially on the market yet. We haven’t seen any interior photos and our real estate agent cautioned that it needs updates, but I’m still optimistic and it would be a relief to not have competing offers.
- The “Plan Bee” drone can pollinate flowers just as well as bees can.
- Use code “FRIENDS” to save 50% on these items at M’oda ‘Operandi’s Friends & Family sale. I’m tempted to pick up Coqui Coqui’s Orange Blossom fragrance. I’ve heard really good things about it!
- I’m already a fan of Nicki Minaj, but now I love her even more.
- Remember the glory days of the wristlet?
- This gingham jumpsuit is too cute! I just ordered it to try on, along with this dress.
- Fran shared her experience saying yes to the dress at Kleinfeld Bridal.
- I’m sure we’re going to end up with a less-than-stellar bathroom in our house. Provided the home has more than one bathroom, Dave gave me the green light to paint the vanity pink like Elsie did in her guest bathroom. He cautioned that it means we’d also need to find a vintage brass light fixture for the room, preferably with a pineapple design. (This is love, people.)
- Here’s an easy DIY for a floral photo backdrop.
- Twenty-four books to add to your summer reading list. (I used to be such a voracious reader and I’m trying to get back into it. Let me know if you have any recommendations. I’m a sucker for psychological thrillers and compilations of humorous essays.)
- Tips to maximize space in a small closet.
- It’s almost rhubarb season and time to indulge in this strawberry rhubarb pie.
- Breaking out a linen shirt in preparation for warmer temperatures.
- Getting “nauti” with sailor-inspired picks. (I’ve been saying “ahoy” lately, so that sweater is a must when it goes on sale!)
Happy Mother’s Day weekend!