We had our first measurable snowfall last night! It’s not much — maybe an inch at most — but it makes everything feel so much more festive. It’s good timing, too, since we’re off to central Wisconsin today for our first Christmas gathering of the season. We weren’t sure if we were going to make it to this family get together, so I put off buying the required $20 women’s gift and $30 men’s gift for the gift exchange until yesterday. Nothing like waiting until the last minute, huh? Those inexpensive gifts are so difficult when you’re not buying for a specific person, which is why I have a gift guide coming next week with low cost gifts for those types of exchanges. Hope you have a wonderful weekend!
- Iris. Apfel. Cocktail. Napkins.
- How to clean and take care of your glittery garments.
- I’m in love with the new branding for Chobani.
- Six tips for throwing an unforgettable holiday party.
- This feminine top is so pretty.
- A behind the scenes peek into creating the Museum of Ice Cream.
- I’m not on board with Pantone’s Color of the Year.
- We finally had reservations at The Publican in Chicago last weekend, and I can’t stop daydreaming about the barbecue carrots. I know it sounds kind of lame, but it’s amazing. I found the recipe here and I can’t wait to try it myself.
- You can get a bar cart in time for the holidays for just $90!
- These DIY wall hooks won’t work in our 1929 house, but they’re really cute if you have a mid-century home!
Five Under $50:
- A playful bow detail keeps this striped top from being too basic. (Take 30% off today with code HOLIDAYFUN.)
- Major statement earrings that won’t break the bank. (Use code GIFT25 to take 25% off.)
- All of these faux fur scarves are just $20 today only! It’s the easiest to elevate your winter look and add some fun to your coat!
- A set of four notebooks with illustrations by Donald Robertson are a great gift for the fashion lover on your shopping list.
- This dress is incredibly impractical for winter, but it’s cute enough to buy now for spring!
Earlier This Week:
- Gifts for the cook. (I can’t recommend those dish towels enough. I own five and have pretty much stopped using the other kitchen towels we have.)
- My new winter boots are a rare combination of cute and practical.
- Snapshots from our weekend in Chicago: this year’s Tiffany’s window, the Chicago River, lights at Jayson Home, and a festive nutcracker.