Oh, hi! I’m trying to get back into the spontaneity of posting and not worrying so much about things being picture-perfect (which just resulted in me not posting much at all) — and since I love mirror-selfies from others with their new purchases and impromptu outfit pics, I’m doing the same this month to show you just how good this Hill House nap dress is! I’ll admit that I thought they were kind of silly and the long ones were too Little House on the Prairie for my style. But this one is adorable! I love a smocked bodice that doesn’t require a bra and it’s just so ridiculously comfortable. It runs large so you can definitely size down if you’re debating two sizes. The fabric is a lightweight, crisp cotton that would be perfect for warm days. (Those warm days are becoming sparse in Wisconsin, so this is really a jump on next year’s summer wardrobe!)
Another item that topped my favorites of the month is this moody forest landscape by ND Trivette Photography that I picked up at Madison’s art fair last weekend. His work is beautiful if you’re into minimal nature images!
As always, here’s this month’s roundup:
IN THE WARDROBE
See all of this year’s sartorial additions here.
- Hill House ‘Athena’ nap dress in Matilda plaid – Reviewed above!
- Rothy’s sneakers in juniper terry – I’ve never been a fan of the Rothy’s ballet flats that everyone seemed to have a couple of years ago, but I kept hearing about how comfortable the shoes are. I finally caved and ordered the sneakers when I saw that they were available in emerald (which is one of my favorite colors, even if I don’t wear it often). You guys! They are incredibly comfortable! And, as a bonus, they’re made of recycled water bottles and washable! I tried my regular size 7 first and ended up exchanging them for a 7.5 (once you drop off the incorrect fit and it’s scanned at the shipping company, they’ll send the new pair out). You can get $30 off your first order through the end of September with this link. (Full disclosure, I’ll get $30, too, which I’d likely spend on another pair of these sneakers in a neutral color. I believe it goes down to $20 off after this month.)
- Madewell drawstring mini slip skirt – I kept thinking about this skirt after posting it in a Monday roundup and couldn’t resist at least trying it in person. It’s really pretty and surprisingly not staticky, which I kind of expected for a satin skirt. It runs a bit large and you could you probably opt for the smaller size if you’re between two. It’s especially cute worn with a chunky sweater.
AROUND THE HOUSE
- Target cornhusk pumpkin – I’m all about understated pumpkin decor in the fall and this one is perfect for our entry table.
- Target faux oakleaves – I swapped out the faux branch pictured here in favor of this oak one from Target. It’s not terribly realistic, but it’s good enough for the time being and the price is right at $5.
- West Elm linen throw pillow covers in olive – These are prettier in person and classic enough to hold on to forever. They also have a great “golden oak” color that would be lovely this fall.
- CB2 tealight candle holders – I had been crushing on these for awhile and finally pulled the trigger. They’re gorgeous in person! I have them sprinkled throughout the house, but plan to use them for holiday tablescapes this year. I’m using them with these flameless tealights. See it in action here.
- CB2 twisted taper candles – I needed a ride-along item at CB2 for free shipping and added these to my cart. They’re an elegant alternative to standard tapers.
Let’s keep in touch!
Instagram / Facebook / Pinterest / Bloglovin’
This post contains affiliate links.