Whoohoo! We’re mere hours away from April and the promise of spring weather — finally! We have no plans this weekend and I couldn’t be more excited to sit around at home, throw open the windows, and curl up with a book, the cat, and a cocktail. I’m also looking forward to trying a couple of new recipes that I have bookmarked. I made these slow cooker Korean tacos earlier this week and they were pretty disappointing. However, the pork was ah-mazing in makeshift Korean burrito bowls. We sauteed the leftover meat with sesame oil and gochujang, and added salt, pepper, and garlic powder. We put the meat and the slaw (which needed more rice wine vinegar) over rice, drizzled it with Sriracha and Sriracha mayo, and added more green onions. So. Good.
MISS INDEPENDENT: Despite mounting pressure from department stores to create on-trend items that everyone is clamoring to purchase (ahem, off-the-shoulder everything), Tibi designer Amy Smilovic stayed true to her brand’s vision. As a result, her brand is stronger than ever with an even more loyal customer base.
VISIT CUBA: Brittany put together the most helpful Cuba travel guide that I’ve come across yet. In it, she walks you through the logistics of planning your trip, getting there, and many of the things you’ll need to consider before arriving (e.g. expect to enjoy an “unplugged” trip and cash is king — and, well, the only way you’ll be able to pay for things).
STATES OF UNDRESS: I just started watching this documentary series. Host Hailey Gates explore global fashion and its impact on social issues. I’ve only watched the first episode where she traveled to Pakistan and it was fascinating.
CLOTHING PURGE: Doing a little spring cleaning? Here’s a handy chart to help guide your decision on what to do with that unloved garment.
SIP: Obviously we all need to purchase this gold pineapple for sipping cocktails this summer. It’s the best $15 Target find yet.
8 SURPRISING FACTS: You probably don’t know everything there is to learn about one of Easter’s most beloved candies. (For the record, I’ll take Brach’s jelly beans over Jelly Belly any day.)
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT:
- I picked up a new fragrance from a darling little perfumery in New Orleans called Hové. I went with Clochettes des Bois, which is a light, romantic scent of lily of the valley.
- I went “Behind the Baubles” with Jenny Bird.
- Here’s my first outfit post from our trip to NOLA. I’m all about that one-shoulder top for spring and summer!
- I found myself coveting neutrals this week and completely caved and ordered the clutch. It’ll be here on Monday!
CAUGHT MY EYE:
- I love the colors in this tropical-print swing dress. The low back might be difficult to pull off with a regular bra, so show off a lace bralette instead. The coconut white would be pretty as would the teal option.
- The raffia earrings I ordered earlier this week. I love how big they are!
- A sweet gingham top.