Before I delve into the items that caught my eye this week, there’s a huge event worth mentioning: Nordstrom’s Half-Yearly Sale. It’s your chance to snag spring and summer merchandise at up to 40% off. Some of my favorites include a black trapeze dress, a work-appropriate satchel, a “Nudist” sandal knockoff (or get the real version in navy on sale here), and simple leather sandals by Tory Burch (metallics available here). Now that that’s squared away, here’s what caught my eye this week:
- A zigzag eyelet shell in navy. Aside from this top, I’m disappointed in J.Crew’s new arrivals this month. Who’s going to pay $110 for an ugly yarn and seed bead choker? The product description says, “So if someone asks if you made it yourself, you have our permission to say yes.” I wouldn’t take credit for it and evidently J.Crew doesn’t want to either. And then there’s this. What the hell? And these! Because plastic in the summer is always a good idea.
- Ben-Amun statement earrings. In fact, there are many gorgeous new arrivals from the designer on The Outnet right now. Most earrings are under $100.
- A sweet little notebook. I’d like to start bringing a journal on vacations to record daily activities and observations. I usually assume Facebook is good enough, but I’m forgetful and a notebook is much more romantic.
- Culottes! They’re so ridiculous, but I still want a pair. White would look pretty with that J.Crew shell… Shop a selection of white culottes and other white pants here.
- A navy bucket bag. Navy is by far my favorite color, but I have yet to add a bag in the hue to my collection. I’m also obsessed with this bag. I saw it at the Tory Burch boutique last month and haven’t stopped thinking about it.
- Iridescent slides on sale! I also love these and the iridescent version of the heels I wore to a wedding last month.