Today’s packing list for Jaipur comes from reader Yukthi Aggarwal:
There will be hardly any person who loves exotic locations and hasn’t fantasized about taking a trip to Jaipur. The capital of Rajasthan, a state rich in heritage, festivities, culture, colors, and beautiful forts and palaces, this city is vibrant with extremely warm people. Having my roots in the state and just a few hours’ drive from my hometown New Delhi, I have visited the city many times and get mesmerized every time. But, situated near the desert its generally hot around throughout the year with blazing sun during the day. So, here are my essentials to carry while in this city:
- You cannot go around the city famous for colors and jewelry without adding a piece to your outfit but summers call for something simple. And this is it.
- A soft leather tote doesn’t burden your shoulders while carrying a water bottle, sunscreen and other essentials while playing tourist.
- The beautiful forts and palaces are not only huge in area but also some of them are on peak tops and require climbing on rocky terrain. A good pair of flats is a life saver to explore the city (not to forget the rocky Indian roads).
- The perfect summer dress to reflect the harsh sunlight while keeping in mind the modesty factor required when in Indian crowds.
- You need a lot of protection from sun while touring around the city. A scarf and a pair of sunglasses are just the prerequisites before stepping out in the city.
- A hat also shields you from the sun.