1. Joie loafers, $185 // 2. Madewell sweatshirt, $75 // 3. Kenneth Jay Lane necklace, $250 // 4. DVF jumpsuit, $465 // 5. Milly clutch, $365 // 6. Kate Spade gloves, $128 // 7. Lulu Frost necklace, $324 // 8. Mark and Graham mug, $30 // 9. Elizabeth Cole earrings, $228 // 10. Kate Spade gloves, $128
Right now, I’m coveting:
- A striped dress with a full skirt
- Ice cubes with fruity layers (via Oh Joy!)
- Rose-colored aviators (get them online at DITTO for 30% off with code BEDKNOBS&BAUBLES30)
- A sweet ikat clutch
- Seahorse-print shorts
- Last-minute plans for Charleston (we leave on Monday!)
- A whimsical necklace suitable for Carmen Miranda
Right now, I’m coveting:
- A woven clutch for just the essentials
- Pointed tips on a pair of retro-inspired shades
- Dainty enamel floral studs
- A sneak peek at Lulu Frost’s summer line for J.Crew
- A refreshing summer cocktail
- The goldenrod background of these floral pants
- Last year’s must-have sandals in a wear-with-everything hue
- Jonathan Adler for JCP (especially this pillow)
I’m guest posting at Christine in Color today while she’s in Paris (lucky gal!) with a roundup of must-have drop earrings for under $100. For ladies who prefer stud earrings, there are plenty of stunning pairs for under $100.
I was joking with Dave that this should be named my “shopping problem” series and by the looks of things this month, that’s not too far off. Any intention I had of staying on budget was gone the moment I spotted the Lilly Pulitzer dress. You can’t deny true love, right?
Here’s the rundown with taxes, shipping, gift cards and discounts accounted for:
Lilly Pulitzer dress – $248
We have a wedding to attend in May and while I really wanted to buy something over the top, this feminine Lilly Pulitzer dress was a more versatile option for spring and summer. It was still a splurge, but at least the cost-per-wear will be less than a cocktail dress. (I’m also planning to wear this for my birthday in May on our Charleston getaway.)
Banana Republic coat – $40
I went on about my eBay score in this post. I won’t rehash it, but I’m still delighted with my new-to-me spring coat.
Not Pictured Old Navy floral boxers – $9
I stopped at Old Navy on the hunt for the lemon-print boxers. Our store didn’t have them in stock, so I left with a floral pair. At least it was a cheap impulse purchase.
Gap jacquard shorts – $45
I swear, “pink dressy shorts” really were on my spring must-buy list! Obviously I haven’t had a chance to wear these yet, but I’m hoping that I’ll reach for them quite a bit in the coming months. They’ll be especially cute with a slouchy grey sweater for afternoon drinks. (I’m tempted by the matching jacket, but that might be overkill!)
Jeweliq floral bracelet – $20
This bracelet is so cute, but it was such an impulsive buy.
Lulu Frost necklace – $155
I obsessed over this necklace since it appeared in the February issue of Glamour magazine and finally took the plunge knowing I’d be devastated if it sold out. Unfortunately, the clasp broke the first full day I wore it. I didn’t want to deal with the hassle of exchanging it, so the Lulu Frost team graciously sent over a new clasp. It was an easy fix and it’s as good as new. Aside from that minor hiccup, the necklace is beautiful. I’ve already worn it with everything from a sweatshirt to a black dress.
Banana Republic black dress – $46
Would you believe that I didn’t own a LBD? I received an invitation to a friend’s bachelorette party requesting that everyone wear black. Usually I’m exaggerating when I look into my closet and woefully sigh that I have nothing to wear, but this time I really didn’t have something. I ordered this black dress from Banana Republic (a promo code and my credit card rewards brought the price down considerably). I’m actually looking forward to wearing it with my new Lulu Frost necklace, an anorak jacket and gold boat shoes.
Total Spent: $563 (Yikes!)