I’m trying to get better at planning my seasonal wardrobes so that my purchases are less impulsive and more deliberate. This is largely due to the move and realizing just how many clothes I had while I was unpacking! But I also realized just how many items I no longer wear because they were impulsive purchases and weren’t quite right to begin with. I’ve been slowly purging pieces that I don’t wear and packing away the “maybes” in a box in the basement, which has helped me pinpoint the items I’d love to add to my wardrobe this year to fill gaps in my collection. Additionally, keeping myself on track with a list will help ensure that I spend money on high-quality pieces I’ll wear well beyond this season.
Here’s what I’m looking for this fall:
- Seasonal colors: I look best in warm, rich autumnal hues and it’s time to finally start embracing that. I’ve already purchased this sweater and I just love this dress. Neither are pictured above, however.
- Drop earrings bedecked with balls: I can’t get enough of ball earrings! I just purchased this black pair for my fall wardrobe and I’m crazy about the brass version from Jenny Bird.
- Camel-colored coat: I just love how pretty a classic camel-colored coat looks on other people. It’s a versatile color that goes with everything, and won’t show lint as easily as black! I like this coat from J.Crew Factory. I actually own the emerald-green version of the coat that was available at J.Crew a few years ago and I still wear it throughout winter. I’m hoping that the Factory version has the double zipper because I need the extra room at my hips. Has anyone tried it? If money wasn’t an issue, I’d try this coat instead. This coat is also pretty fun with the unexpected pink fur trim.
- Printed long-sleeve dress: If I could pick any dress to own and wear all season, this would be it. However, I’m not spending that much no matter how dreamy it is. I’d like to find a dress with similar elements: printed design, figure-flattering seam at the waist, flouncy skirt, long sleeves, and v-neck with a tie.
- Denim mini skirt: I have so many dresses in my wardrobe, but not many separates which sometimes makes getting dressed difficult. I decided to purchase a denim mini because of how versatile it is during transitional weather.
- Loafers: I’m the worst at practical footwear when it’s chilly outside. I’ve finally decided to try something more sensible than ballet flats and opted for these loafers. I absolutely love how they look with jeans and dresses, but beyond that, they’re so comfortable. There’s enough room to wear a loafer sock with them as the temperature dips. Plus, they seem like they’ll be perfect for traipsing around London in the spring!
- Chic pumps: I’m not one to wear heels, but I keep finding myself opening a browser tab to peek at these. The black textured version looks perfectly versatile for work.
- Classic bag: I’m a long way off from buying the Gucci bag I’m crushing on, but I’m keeping it on every seasonal wish list until I finally get my hands on it! I’ve been setting aside $25 per paycheck and some blog earnings in a separate savings account in order to slowly save up for it. It’ll take awhile, but I wanted to set aside an amount that I won’t notice is missing. Going in debt for a handbag isn’t worth it!
- Flowy blouses: Whenever I have a “nothing-to-wear” day, I typically reach for jeans and a loose blouse. However, I only have two blouses that I sort of like. I just purchased this one, which is adorable in person (runs large), but I’d like to add a few more. This one has such pretty details and would look cute with jeans or dress pants, and this black one would be cute under a sleeveless shift dress.
I’d love to know what’s on your wish list!