I can’t believe it’s already March! We have a few weeks of travel ahead of us and I couldn’t be more excited to finally take a break. We’ll be in Chicago next weekend to see Hamilton. Can’t. Wait. And the following weekend, we’re heading to New Orleans. I’m taking advantage of a lazy weekend at home to clean and pre-pack for our getaways. (I’m such a planner.) After that, we won’t have any trips on the calendar until after we purchase a home, since we’ll need to keep our weekends free for house tours. Madison’s real estate market is insane. Houses go up for sale and oftentimes there’s already an that day. There’s no time to even sleep on a potential purchase. It’s stressful, but I’m hopeful that we’ll finally find something this year!
BABY FOOT: I’m so curious to try Baby Foot. It’s a chemical peel for your feet that’s both disgusting and intriguing. From what I’ve read, the skin on your feet will slough off like a snake’s skin to reveal baby-soft skin underneath. Has anyone tried it? I might do it after New Orleans since I’ll be back home and likely in tights for another week. It sounds like you don’t want to show your feet to anyone during the shedding process. Haha.
CHEERS: I’m craving warm weather, but since that’s not in the cards for awhile I’m happy to settle for a warm-weather drink. This pink grapefruit margarita with chili salt sounds amazing.
OOH LA LA: With the help of Chanel, Paris is planning to open its first permanent fashion museum in 2019. It sounds like I’ll be holding off on a dreamy trip to the City of Lights until then.
SALE ALERT: It’s the last day to take advantage of Shopbop’s tiered sale. I’m crazy about these silver Ferragamo flats, this woven circle bag, and this ridiculously fun phone case.
PINKIES UP: I’m all about the pinkie ring, especially in the form of this sculptural silver piece.
COOK: Homemade pizza is one of my favorite meals. I’m eager to try this blackberry, ricotta, and basil version.
DECODE: It looks like Queen Elizabeth II sends secret messages to her team with her handbag. Use this as inspiration to covertly tell your significant other you need to be whisked away when you’re caught in an awful conversation.
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT:
- Spilling the beans on my budget status this quarter.
- Daydreaming about spring pastels, especially that dress. Swoon!
- Giving the bell-sleeve trend a whirl!
- Finally recapping my three-night trip in Nashville with a few must-dos.
- Daydreaming about spring blossoms in Antwerp last year. (Which is another travel post I really need to publish!)
ON MY WISH LIST:
- A yellow lace swing dress topped with a bow. I actually just ordered it yesterday!
- A one-shoulder swimsuit with a fun ruffle detail.
- Statement tassel earrings for less than $50.
- Woven totes from this Etsy shop. They’re less expensive than popular designer versions and sound like they’re impeccably made. I ordered this one to use during the day in New Orleans. I’m also crushing on this one. I’ll post a review this month.
- The cutest work-appropriate shirt dress. I’m already over budget this quarter, but I’m really tempted to order it anyway with the 40% off promotion with code FRIENDS40. I’m awfully bored with my office wear lately and I find myself reaching for the same outfits over and over again.