Here’s to a happy Independence Day weekend! After you’ve had your fill of backyard BBQ fare and lit the last sparkler, head on over to the UGallery.com giveaway. There are just a few days left to enter to win $300 to spend on a piece of art to add to your collection, like the print above. I’ve included the entry form below to make it easy, but you can find all of the details in the original post here. Good luck!
Unfortunately it has become evident that weekends of beer and pizza crept up on me—and spending Sundays in sweatpants gives me a false sense of security that my clothes fit juuuust fine. In any case, I’m back on the Weight Watchers bandwagon, counting points and spending my evenings with Jillian Michaels. I’ve set a goal to lose 10 pounds by the time we leave for Belgium next month and an opportunity to partner with Kohl’s on a wellness post was the extra motivation I needed to begin making healthier choices.
I really wanted to purchase a Fitbit (David Sedaris has one, after all) to keep track of my activity and sleep patterns, but the gadget was sold out at every nearby store. I opted for the next best thing: one heck of a blender for making smoothies. This thing crushes ice like no other (a far cry from the blender I already owned that barely nicked a cube) and makes smoothies in a snap. The ingredients for this blueberry smoothie are below and you can head on over to Pinterest for more healthy smoothie recipes (and a few indulgent options for those splurge days).
1 cup blueberries
1 large banana
1 tablespoon flax seed
handful of spinach
1/2 cup almond milk
3 or 4 ice cubes
a sprig of mint for garnish, if desired
SHOP THE POST
Disclosure: I received a $100 gift card from Kohl’s for the purposes of this post. All opinions are my own.
- Celebrated Bacon’s sixth birthday
- Dipped my toes in the pool
- Added this Lulu Frost pendant to my collection
- Surprised by this sunny Gerard Yosca necklace, a birthday gift from the designer (Thank you!)
- Finally used my last Christmas gift card to buy a gorgeous pair of Tory Burch shoes
- Enjoyed rooftop drinks with my birthday gift still in tow
- Brought out this ridiculous Lilly Pulitzer koozie at the pool (purchased on eBay)
- Found the easiest summer dress (it’s now sold out, but here’s the link in case it pops back)
- Played dress up while organizing the mess of jewels in my side of the dresser (rings from Julie Vos, YSL and a vintage ring from Frippery Vintage)
Even though I’ve already shed some of the holiday weight, this loose dress is still the only thing that feels comfortable. It’s just a bonus that there are cats printed all over it … which some people have mistaken for skulls. I don’t see it, but now it’s basically the dress version of a Rorschach test. Which do you see?
I can’t believe another year has passed! Here are a few of my favorite snapshots from the last month of 2013:
- Decked the halls
- Embraced the snowy weather in a pair of bright wellies from Joules (see the post here)
- Baked dozens of holiday cookies
- Drove to my parents’ house in a winter wonderland
- Prepared for holiday celebrations with confetti poppers
- Tucked mini bottles of champagne inside holiday packages
- Unpacked countless boxes of glittery Christmas ornaments
- Wrote holiday greetings with the prettiest fountain pen from Parker
- Danced through the holiday season in tartan flats
Connect with me on Instagram @bedknobsandbaubles! I’d love to see what you’re up to.