I absolutely love card games like euchre and cribbage, especially played outside on a warm evening. I think it’s just about time to retire the worn deck in favor of this whimsical set from Kate Spade.
- I spent the weekend in northern Wisconsin, helping my parents pack up the house in anticipation of their upcoming move.
- A bit of Kate Spade brightened up the mailbox
- Each night, my dad and I had a 5 o’clock cocktail: a brandy old fashioned, Wisconsin’s signature drink.
- We rediscovered all sorts of treasures, like these earrings that belonged to my grandmother. (We also found a box of vintage ornaments left by the previous homeowner. Jackpot.)
- Reveling in spring
- Saying goodbye to my childhood home
Follow me on Instagram @bedknobsandbaubles!
If you wait long enough, everything really does come back in style. I purchased this pair of vintage earrings a couple of years ago with the intention to alter them. Obviously, I never did decide what their second life should be – and I’m glad I didn’t. They’re perfectly on-trend with this year’s floral fixation.
And the bracelet, well, I would never dream of changing this piece. It belonged to my grandmother and remains one of my favorite baubles.
I wish we had more cabinet space for these little glasses. The whimsical design reminds me of tossing confetti and sipping strawberry soda (from pink straws, of course).
It’s almost guaranteed that I’ll be up and at ‘em before Dave even stirs – which leaves me with enough time to plan little surprises, like making a batch of banana muffins. I used this recipe and added a teaspoon of vanilla to the batter for good measure.