I had been home sick for the last three days with some sort of cold/flu hybrid. It made for a long weekend of DayQuil and daytime television. On yesterday’s episode of The View, I learned that years of wearing sky-high heels caused irreparable damage to Sarah Jessica Parker’s feet. She’s now putting away the Manolos in favor of more sensible options. Although underrated, flats make a cocktail ensemble effortlessly chic. Choose a pair with a pointy toe in metallic or patent leather.
I purchased this mint necklace last week in Florida and it’s already become a source of inspiration for my spring wardrobe: candy colors offset by patterns in rich cobalt.
- Monotone Beaded Necklace, J.Crew, $42.50
- Dinner Plate, C. Wonder, $12
- Striped Smoking Shoe, Charles Philip Loafers, $135
- Zip-Dee-Doo Knob, Anthropologie, $10 each
- Garden Society Scarf, Kate Spade, $100
- Mirror, Lauren Merkin, $35
- Bureau Jacket, J.Crew, $168
- Bubbly Daisy Saucers, Kate Spade, $80 pair
- Bug Bangle, C. Wonder, $48
- “Three Sheets to the Wind” Flask, Izola, $25
- Cockatoo Ring, Juicy Couture, $68
- Handbag, Nine West, $59