Throwback to 2016. Read the post here. (I can’t believe I’ve had that bag for so long!)
Happy weekend! I can’t tell you how happy I was to wake up to sunshine this morning after a week of rainy days. Dreary weather puts me in such a funk and I barely get anything done around the house. I had such an ambitious list of painting projects, cleaning, and trip planning for Portland (we leave on Thursday!), too! We’ll have to kick it into high gear this morning so we can get out and enjoy the beautiful weekend! Have a great one!
- I appreciate Emily Henderson’s post on the immigration debate and how she articulated the feelings many of us struggle with. One of the comments mentioned the Young Center, which works to promote the best interested of unaccompanied immigrant children with due regard to the child’s wishes. If you’re in a major metropolitan city (I know I have a lot of Chicago readers!), please consider volunteering as a child advocate.
- I had no idea that Hitchcock had pitched a movie called Kaleidoscope that was considered too controversial to film.
- Instead of your run-of-the-mill flamingo, swan, and unicorn pool floats, how about a “ridiculous swan-thing?”
- I have mixed feelings on accent walls. Typically, I think you should just go for it and paint your entire room a fun color. However, we have two accent walls in our place. One is behind the bed and helps ground the headboard in the otherwise white and airy room. The other is in my closet where I went with a minty blue. I didn’t want my clothes to all be up against that color and preferred white for everything else.
- Meyer lemon margaritas sound delightful!
- Queer Eye season two is out! Here are some spoiler-free highlights from the first episode. (I think episode two was even better, though!)
- I’m happy to see that plastic straws continue to lose popularity in favor of biodegradable paper versions.
- The Supreme Court ruled that states are now allowed to collect sales tax from online retailers even if they don’t have a physical presence in the state.
- How Marc Jacobs fell out of fashion.
- My old carry-on suitcase is on its last legs, er, wheels. It’s really not a surprise given that I only spent $40 on it. Dave and I just upgraded to these Delsey carry-on bags. We both have one of the brand’s full-size suitcases and are really happy with the durability. He snagged it in charcoal grey and I went with pink.
Finds Under $50:
- A pair of pink sunglasses.
- A midi dress with a hint of skin.
- Rattan and tassels make for the best budget-friendly summer earring.
- These woven chairs are an affordable way to style your patio.
- I don’t love recommending knockoffs, but this is an inexpensive alternative to Monica Vinader’s signature bracelets at a fraction of the price.
- A set of playful packing cubes.
- I bought this dress last year in a navy eyelet fabric. This year’s fabric mix is even cuter!
Earlier This Week:
- Nine of the best circle woven and wicker bags under $150. (Most are under $100.)
- What I’ve learned in our first year of homeownership.