Happy Saturday! This weekend we have a post-holiday gathering with Dave’s family, I get to pretend I’m Nina García as a judge for this event (and yesterday I realized I actually have to talk to introduce myself to the crowd — ugh, I have the worst anxiety about public speaking of any kind), and I’m going to get to work on more painting. Speaking of which, I’m going to incorporate more home posts into my content over here. I was trying to keep everything house-related on Curated Couple, and I still plan to keep that as a diary of our house updates, but the house is so ingrained into what I do each weekend that it feels weird to completely cut out a large part of my life. So, think of those posts as the “Bedknobs” portion of my blog title! I’ll still keep the emphasis on style, of course, but I’ll pepper in some of the fun home content and things we’re working on.
- McDonald’s is giving away a “Bling Mac” ring worth $12,500.
- Nine sheet mask reviews.
- Erin’s design-focused guide to Portland makes me want to book a trip immediately.
- Dave found this Etsy shop yesterday. To say that I’m obsessed with their light fixtures would be an understatement. I’m going to measure to see if this would fit at the top of our stairs.
- Since I’m obviously a Gucci fan girl, I enjoyed this old article about how the brand embraced their logo despite the popularity of minimalism and logo-less designs.
- Add panache to your cocktails with homemade maraschino cherries. It looks so easy and probably tastes a lot better than the bright red, overly candied version at the grocery store.
- The inspiration behind Tory Burch’s carnation-filled runway.
- Maayan Zilberman turns making candy into an art form.
- How to know if your stylish home investment will be considered dated or classic.
- Wow your sweetheart this Valentine’s Day with a meal of French bistro classics.
Finds Under $50:
- Sophisticated champagne coupes to elevate your bar.
- A sweet sundress to tuck away until spring.
- Earrings that look like ribbons: here, here, and here.
- Love the springtime stripes of this sweater, but the traditional navy and white version is great, too!
- A sassy notepad for your desk.
- Micropleats add interest to this top.
- Oversize earrings for $14 is a great deal!
Earlier This Week:
- I made the biggest sartorial splurge of my life. (I’ll do a post next week about what actually fits inside. I had a few people ask about that after I posted the bag on Instagram Stories, so I figured I’d show everyone in case it’s on your wish list, too.)
- Valentine gift ideas for her (you?) and him.
- At the end of 2017, I realized that I missed the little round ups I used to post that recounted some of the previous month’s snapshots. So, I’m bringing that back. Some are images that made it to Instagram, others are just fun things on my phone.
image via Unsplash