Goodness, this week has been challenging both professionally and personally — and it’s mostly because the stress of the former is starting to affect my mood during off hours. I’m sure you’ve noticed my near absence here and social media. All I’ve wanted to do at the end of the day has been put my pajamas on and sit in front of the TV. Suffice to say, I’m ready for the weekend and a chance to clean, organize, exercise, blog, eat healthier meals, visit with friends (which will be decidedly not healthy when we inevitably get cocktails), and – hopefully – get a vacation on the books. Basically, self-care without the bubble baths and face masks! I hope you have a rejuvenative weekend, too!
- I’m not going to kid myself and say that Karl Lagerfeld was a saint. He said some pretty misogynistic things over the years that shouldn’t be swept under the rug just because he passed away this week. That said, some of his quotes are gold. Especially the one about sweatpants in this list. (I’m also weirdly excited that Choupette is inheriting a portion of his estate.)
- Tips for selecting a contractor.
- This may be a bit of a splurge for a candle holder, but just check out this one that’s made with a gorgeous gemstone terrazzo. Then, learn about designer Sasha Burchuk here.
- Why so many book covers use the phrase “a novel.”
- A history of black costume design in television and film.
- I don’t really like peanut butter all that much, but this pie sounds amazing. Plus, it requires only a handful of ingredients.
- There’s something about this snakeskin-print dress that I’m really into.
- A playlist of Hollywood hits in time for the Oscars.
- What your hairstylist really thinks of you.
Finds Under $50:
- A pair of wear-with-everything sandals.
- Perfectly feminine earrings for spring.
- A work-appropriate little black dress.
- Wood dishes to use for casual summer gatherings or as a catchall tray.
- Oversize lilac sunglasses.
What You May Have Missed:
- Just one post! I wanted those sandals (in black) last year and held off, but I feel like I should buy them now that they’ve been reintroduced.
image via Unsplash
Let’s keep in touch! Instagram / Facebook / Pinterest / Bloglovin’