IN THE WARDROBE
See all of this year’s sartorial additions here.
- J.Crew perfect rain jacket in dark moss – This is a great basic to have on hand for fall and eventually spring. The cinched waist gives it shape and there’s enough room around the hips for curvier girls. I went with a medium and there’s plenty of room for a sweater underneath.
- J.Crew camp socks – I love these cozy socks for chilly days at home. They now have striped ones, too!
- Gap cozy scarf in black check – This is such a pretty, soft scarf and I love the classic print.
- Old Navy flannel pajama shorts in buffalo check – These fit as you’d expect and run true to size. For actual pajamas, I prefer short and tank sets from Soma’s “Cool Nights” collection, but I’m all about cheap pajama shorts for lounging on the couch.
- Old Navy loose sweater-knit crop hoodie in gray heather – This was a surprise hit! I added this sweater-sweatshirt hybrid to my order to reach the free shipping threshold with the other items in the order. I figured it’d be a decent enough loungewear piece, but didn’t think it’d be as great as it is. I love the cropped, boxy shape with “pandemic pants” and it’s so darn soft. I bought a medium, but you could easily go down a size for a more fitted look.
- LOFT floral shirred yoke blouse – There’s a shocking amount of hate for this blouse in the review section! It’s a gauzy fabric, which wasn’t what I expected, but I do like it. I went with a medium. It’s oversized, but drapes well without being bulky. I think it’s the perfect Thanksgiving blouse that gives you plenty of room without being clingy.
- The Drop x Grace Atwood loose-fit dress – In full disclosure, I’m on the fence about keeping this. It was a bit expensive for quality that’s akin to a Target dress and I don’t love it with fall accessories or sneakers. However, I do love it with my Birks (in cognac) and summery jewelry. I might keep it for those reasons alone and hope that COVID-19 eases up enough in 2021 where we can go on a warm-weather trip earlier in the year.
AROUND THE HOUSE
- Norwell Lighting schoolhouse semi-flushmount in polished nickel with the stepped opal shade – We replaced the old fluorescent light in our bathroom with this schoolhouse-inspired option. The stepped shade makes it a bit more unique than the standard shades that come with schoolhouse fixtures. It’s a good quality at that price point.
- Hearth & Hand bathroom hook in black – After we did our bathroom refresh and replaced the cabinet knobs on the linen closet near the shower, our towels no longer stayed put when draped on the new knobs. So, a hook was in order. I found this one at Target and it’s so good! It’s sturdy and has a nice weight to it.
- House of Antique Hardware mushroom glass cabinet knob in black – House of Antique Hardware always comes through when I’m looking for a vintage-inspired or replica replacement. These knobs are adorable for our bathroom linen closet. I actually ordered a pair in white, too, but loved the black ones more in our bathroom.
- Threshold soap dispenser – I don’t have much to say about this, but it’s pretty and classic, and I thought I’d draw your attention to it if you’re looking for a new soap dispenser.
- Tramp Ceramics almond bowl – Sara Tramp, former member of the Emily Henderson blog team, launched her online ceramic shop recently. She has such pretty pieces at an affordable price point! Follow the shop’s Instagram for updates.
This post contains affiliate links.