If there’s one thing I love about summer, it’s the excuse to sit outside with a tropical cocktail in hand — and it’s especially fun with a few colorful outdoor linens to liven up an otherwise humdrum patio, like this indoor/outdoor tablecloth and these punchy napkins from JCPenney’s summer collection. They’re the perfect complement to a pineapple-based drink for a sweltering summer day. Read on for the recipe!
- 1.5 ounces of white rum
- 2 ounces of pineapple juice
- .5 ounces of orange juice
- sprig of mint
- a few dashes of Bittermens ‘Elemakule Tiki Cocktail Bitters (perfect for any Tiki drink, really)
- squeeze of lime
- Put all ingredients in a cocktail shaker filled with ice
- Shake vigorously
- Pour over ice (preferably an oversize cube or pineapple-shaped ice if you’re feeling fancy)
- Garnish with blueberries speared by a pineapple frond and a wedge of pineapple
Thanks to JCPenney for partnering on this post!