I typically opt for a classic Manhattan when we’re cocktailing at home. It’s such an easy, yet sophisticated, cocktail to make which lends itself perfectly to the upcoming holiday season. With just four ingredients (if you include the cherries), a Manhattan relies on quality spirits. I promise that it’s worth spending the extra money, even on the sweet vermouth. (Carpano Antica is my favorite and it should be kept refrigerated.) You’ll find the recipe below. Cheers!
What You’ll Need:
- Cocktail mixing glass and strainer
- Mixing spoon
- Cocktail glass (I prefer the look of a coupe, but a double old fashioned glass works, too.)
Makes one serving.
- 2 dashes Angostura bitters
- 2 to 2.5 ounces bourbon, depending on how strong you’d like it
- 1 ounce sweet vermouth
- Luxardo maraschino cherries
- Fill your mixing glass with ice.
- Add bitters, vermouth, bourbon.
- Stir until well-chilled.
- Strain into cocktail glass.
- Garnish with cherries.
Click the images below to visit the product page.
This post contains affiliate links.