I’ve been looking for a pair of menswear-inspired pajamas and while I like pinstripes and plaids, I didn’t want a menswear-inspired pattern. I remembered seeing mentions of Plum Pretty Sugar on various blogs and found a sleepwear set that seemed to fit the bill. There’s a surprising lack of reviews on Plum Pretty Sugar products, so here are my thoughts:
- I adore the feminine, vintage design.
- It’s made of soft, crisp cotton that feels like a set of well-worn sheets.
- Great attention to detail with piping along the edges and mother of pearl buttons.(Two extras are included.)
- Pay attention to the size chart as the shortie set runs smaller than other items. It’s too bad that you can’t order the top and bottom in different sizes. I’m a size smaller on top and, as expected, the pajama shirt is looser than it needs to be.
- Shipping was $7.50. It seems high for an item that came in an oversize envelope and weighs next to nothing.
- Even though I followed the laundering instructions, the shorts shrunk along the banded hem. They’re now tighter at the hem than the rear and thighs causing them to ride up awkwardly. I wore them to bed last night to see if they’d stretch out to their original shape, but no luck.
Bottom Line: I’d consider another pair (these), but would line dry them. I’m pretty disappointed that the shorts shrunk so much.
I’m amazed by what Bacon will put up with.