See this year’s sartorial additions here.
- Barbour stretch ‘Cavalry’ quilted jacket – We’re going to Switzerland this October and I wanted a waist-length puffer jacket that would keep me cozy on our Alpine days but could easily be packed away in a backpack if the weather warms up. Not only did this Barbour jacket check of my must-haves, it’s also extremely flattering for a puffer with the knit paneling on the sides to give it shape and the chevron quilting. I also love that it has a double zipper and snaps on the back to allow for some give around the hips if needed. Go up a size if you think you’ll be wearing it with thicker sweaters. My regular size was great with a long-sleeve t-shirt, but got too snug when I put something more substantial underneath.
- Warby Parker ‘Augusta’ sunglasses – I can’t walk into Warby Parker and leave without a pair of sunglasses. What I loved about the frame isn’t just flat across the front. Instead, the frame is concaved between the edges of the frame and the lenses. It’s a fun refresh for my sunglasses collection, especially since I’m never going to get on board with the tiny sunglasses trend.
- H&M rib-knit sweater with collar – I’m going to wear this all fall with jeans. It’s cozy, but still pulled together enough to wear to work. I went down a size.
- Madewell ‘Lucie’ floral print dress – I’m on the fence about this dress, even though I’ve kept it. We bike a lot with our friends to go out for happy hours or dinner and I don’t always love wearing shorts to do so — I’m not graceful enough to bike without shorts under a dress. I’ve been adding a few dresses to my wardrobe that are dark enough that I can wear bike shorts underneath that stay concealed. This dress seems a bit twee for my style, but it’s pretty cute paired with strappy sandals, a woven bag, and ’70s-inspired sunglasses. I went up a size for length since the smocked top fit similarly in my regular size.
- Target crewneck cashmere-like pullover sweater – This is such a hit from Target! It’s so soft that it has me eager for sweater weather. I went up a size because it’s cropped and I preferred the extra length to half-tuck into my waistband.
- J.Crew seaside short – I have these in black and wear them all the time, so I added navy to the mix this summer.
- Target woven pumpkin – Target does such a great job with its annual pumpkin lineup. Mine was actually from the “Dollar Spot” for $3 and is slightly different. I have this one from last year, though, and I love that it’s autumnal without being garish.
Thanks for visiting! As a reminder, I may earn an affiliate commission if you buy an item through my links. This is at no cost to you. I appreciate your continued support!