- A money strategy that makes more sense than a strict budget.
- Anthro’s shoe selection is to die for this season. I’m crazy about these kitten heels and these tasseled pumps, but I’m absolutely head-over-heels (pun!) for these flats. That oversize bow just gets me!
- Gucci is opening a restaurant.
- If Emily Henderson says that wood paneling adds character to a home, then I’m even happier about our decision to paint it in our bedroom and office.
- Nine ways to stay happy in winter.
- A 12-hour closet makeover.
- This should be your next TV show to binge.
- I try not to get political in this space, but I did want you to be aware of the fact that you’ll need to double check your own paycheck for accuracy next month because of the hastily passed tax law.
- Learn how England’s Crown Jewels were hidden during World War II.
- Ikea’s latest ad is brilliant.
Style Steals Under $50:
- A dose of color with bold earrings.
- A simple crepe dress that comes in nine colors. (It’s a great backdrop for oversize jewelry!)
- A dress with a fantastic mod print. (I’ll be obsessing over this until my shopping ban is over.)
- A sweet blouse with bell sleeves and a feminine tie-front detail.
- I didn’t want to overwhelm you with dresses this week, but I love this one, too!
Earlier This Week:
- Style steals under $50 and under $100.
- Nine swimsuits to consider if you have an upcoming beach getaway.
- Now that the holiday decor is gone, freshen up your home with a new houseplant in a pretty planter.
- This book makes coffee tables look better.
January No Shop Update: We’re a third of the way through January and I’m happy to report that I’m still holding steady with my spending freeze on unnecessary items. Spring items are becoming a bit more tempting, though, like the aforementioned shoes. But waiting a few more weeks will be good to determine whether or not they still capture my fancy. We did go out for drinks on Sunday and ordered Thai food for dinner, but as I mentioned, we had already figured we’d eat out two or three times this month instead of completely turning into hermits. And, I had my brakes replaced today, which is obviously a necessary expense. (I’m just a bit annoyed that this “cheap living” month became as pricey as it did!) The only thing I anticipate buying this weekend (groceries aside) is another gallon of paint to continue working on the trim in our house. There’s 30% off at Sherwin-Williams this month, so I’d rather get it now than wait until next month as possibly pay full price.
image via Tory Burch
Let’s keep in touch! Instagram / Facebook / Pinterest / Bloglovin’