I can’t even begin to tell you how happy I am that it’s Friday. It has been such a trying week between car problems (if you saw my Insta-story, you’ll know that Dave’s car broke down and we had to get it towed on Sunday) and an impossibly busy work schedule. We both took the day off today, but it’s not for R&R; we’re finally painting our upstairs hallway. We tried to get all of the painting done last summer before the floors were refinished, but we ran out of time and didn’t get back to it after we moved in. The existing color is a dingy beige, so while it was ugly, it was also livable and we put our efforts into other more pressing projects. Curious to know what it looks like now? Here you go:
In the grainy pic on the right (which looks like it a still from a horror flick), you can sort of make out the two-toned stain that was on the floor when we closed on the house. In the pic on the right, you can see that I painted the door trim for three of the doors and cut in the paint for the ceiling. So, it’ll all be painted white this weekend. I also have a new ceiling medallion to put up and new drawer pulls. Wish us luck! (The doorway on the far right is for our guest room which was painted mint with emerald trim. We painted it grey and hate the color because it looks lavender in some lights, so it’s been put on the back burner.)
- Having people over? Serve this whipped goat cheese and blueberry appetizer!
- Go inside Jonathan Adler’s New York studio.
- I want to book another trip to London just to see this Frida Kahlo exhibit.
- Fifty-two of the best true crime podcasts.
- Fantasy greeting cards for these trying times. (The author and I had our first journalism class together in college, so it was fun to see her byline on The New Yorker!)
- The new Burberry monogram is gorgeous.
- I haven’t really paid attention to J.Crew lately, but between this, this (obviously in emerald), this, and this, there’s a lot to keep an eye on this season.
- Tour Lele Sadoughi’s Chelsea townhouse.
- A selection of plants that are perfect for the office. (I can vouch for the ZZ plant. I have one in our living room and it’s doing really well despite not getting much light.)
- Some of the best mural festivals around the world.
Finds Under $50:
- Resin earrings aren’t going anywhere. Add these grape-colored beauties to your collection.
- A dark floral swing top to wear with shorts now and jeans later.
- You can’t go wrong with a pair of black pointy flats.
- A sophisticated fine-knit sweater.
- This woven bag with a pineapple design is now on sale.
Earlier This Week:
- What I spent my money on in July.
- This is basically my fall wish list.
- The [almost] perfect dress for late summer.
- Three beauty products I’m loving lately.
image via Unsplash