It’s Dave’s birthday today and we’re off to Chicago to celebrate for the weekend! Not only do I get to shower my favorite guy with attention — which includes dinner at Publican — a weekend in the Windy City means our annual tradition of heading to the Christkindlmarket. New York was obviously full of magical Christmas spirit, but I think I would have been disappointed if we broke our four-year streak of celebrating the season in Chicago. Enjoy your weekend!
- It’s time to create your Instagram Top Nine!
- Mid-range furniture brands that aren’t IKEA.
- What’s the optimal amount of lights you should put on your Christmas tree? There’s a calculator for that. (And, uh, you might be overthinking things.)
- Common mistakes when negotiating a house price.
- The founders of Casper mattresses are now embarking on a home renovation company.
- Benefits of wasting time.
- I bought these winter ankle boots last month and finally had a chance to wear them. I’m in love. They’re comfy and warm.
- What’s behind the lip gloss boom?
- You is coming to Netflix and I can’t wait. It looks so good!
- This emerald beaded clutch is gorgeous. (Does anyone else have the hardest time finding a clutch when there’s a special occasion coming up? I might buy this to have on hand in the future.)
Finds Under $50:
- A faux fur coat at an amazing price point.
- A classic turtleneck that comes in six varieties.
- I’m intrigued by this beverage chiller that promises to cool drinks in a flash.
- Flattering oversize sunglasses.
- Get a smart plug for your Christmas tree so you can automate when it turns on and off.
Earlier This Week:
- I’m smitten with the purse in this week’s “The Coveted.”
- Gifts for cats and dogs.
- Nine of the best gifts for guys.
image via Unsplash
Let’s keep in touch! Instagram / Facebook / Pinterest / Bloglovin’