Happy Saturday! Can you believe that we’re just days away from our first house-iversary? It doesn’t feel like a year has passed since closing on June 20 and dedicating all summer evenings and weekends to cleaning and painting! I can’t say I miss those days, either! Last summer was exhausting and while we made a lot of progress before we moved in, and plenty of progress since then, we’ve been good about balancing work and fun this summer. And that’s exactly what we’re up to over the next couple of days. We’re starting to tackle another painting project that fell off the priority list last year (the upstairs hallway and the built-in linen closet), along with continuing to paint our doors and remove paint from the antique hardware. It’s tedious work, which is why bike rides and outdoor cocktails are a welcome break!
- The popular podcast S-Town is coming to the big screen.
- Here’s why expensive pasta is worth the extra cash.
- An artist reimagines noteworthy pieces as “melting masterpieces.”
- If you love the shape of this Cult Gaia bag, but think it’s ridiculously oversized (it is), check out this $35 clutch!
- Six finance experts share their advice for millennial women.
- There’s a startup company that’s looking to transform food crop waste into wearable fibers for clothing.
- “The Weirdest Thing I Learned This Week” might be my new favorite podcast.
- A roundup of some of the best acne-fighting facial cleansers on the market.
- Proposed legislation in California would require that all public companies headquartered in the state to have at least one woman on their board.
- We’re adding Vietnamese banh mi street tacos to our meal planning next week. They look incredible!
Finds Under $50:
- I came home to this bag sitting on my doorstep the other day (c/o WhoWhatWear). I have yet to feature it, but it’s such a cute mini bucket bag for summer and I love the vibrant red hue. It’ll look adorable with all of your Fourth of July looks!
- Lace-up detailing adds interest to this swing dress.
- The batik-inspired print on this blouse is perfection.
- A stunning plant stand.
- Pair this red, white, and blue top with a pair of high-waist trousers.
- I picked up this long-wearing lipstick to try (in red, which is a weird departure from my signature pink) and they’re not exaggerating. This stuff doesn’t budge.
Earlier This Week:
- Style steals under $50 and under $100.
- The best full-price purchase I’ve made in a long time.
- Celebrating this guy’s 10th birthday.
image via Unsplash