I thought about keeping mum about this until after our home inspection next week, but I’m terrible at keeping secrets: we have an accepted offer on a house! It’s a diamond in the rough that was built in 1929 and, sadly, hasn’t been taken care of over the years. The owner has been living with his girlfriend and left this house all but abandoned. We were really lucky that he asked our agent’s firm to sell the house because we were able to get in before anyone else and put in an offer at asking without competition to drive up the price. It’s in our ideal area (in fact, it’s three blocks away from the house we lost last year) and has charming details inside, including original hardwood floors throughout. The big things in the house (roof, siding, windows, furnace, air conditioner, etc.) have been taken care of, but the interior hasn’t been well-maintained or updated. We’re in for an adventure together as we bring this gem back to life! This isn’t going to be an easy or fast project. We don’t have an endless bank account to go in and make all of the changes right away. There’s going to be compromises and patience and DIYs! It’s going to be a labor of love, and we’ve actually purchased a URL to blog about our journey. (It redirects here for now, but I’ll share it once our first post is live.) If you want to follow our Instagram account before we actually have content, it’s @curatedcouple. I know I’m getting ahead of myself because it could all fall apart after the inspection, but I’m cautiously optimistic. Send good vibes!
- Love the look of Chanel’s classic cap toe pumps but not the price tag? Try an affordable alternative.
- Here’s the real story behind the Zillow listing that went viral earlier this month.
- I just discovered Orlando’s blog and Instagram last week and I’m absolutely obsessed with his aesthetic, personality, and refreshingly honest take on relationships and not having a picture-perfect lifestyle blogger persona.
- Can’t say I totally hate the idea of rompers for men, but I do hate the name RompHim.
- Whitney looks adorable in a bee-print dress. I never would have expected it was from the Victoria Beckham for Target children’s collection!
- My birthday is fast approaching on May 30! This dress would be the perfect frock to celebrate in.
- We’re considering a long weekend getaway to Atlanta in August. Of course, the first thing I looked into was the best murals for Instagrams and outfit photos. 😉 Let me know if you have any recommendations!
- I’m all about the gadget Jess found that helps keep her from murdering house plants. (I’m the worst at remembering to water them.)
- Speaking of plants, learn more about “the Blue Apron of agriculture.” Basically, there’s a company called Seedsheet that sells collections of seeds in a plantable weed-blocking fabric. The fabric eventually dissolves and you’re on your way to growing dinner.
- I never got on board with Bauble Bar’s Crispin earrings because I didn’t care for the fishhook post, but I’m crazy about this version with a hidden post backing.
- Another nautical roundup.
- Perfect pineapple pieces.
image via Unsplash