- I can’t believe we’re heading into the last week of August! I’m looking forward to autumn — especially the days that are cool enough for sweaters, but warm enough for bare legs! But I feel like I barely enjoyed summer this year! With the house hunt, purchase, painting, moving, and housework, my favorite season slipped away. This weekend is all about making the most of one the last summer weekends with bike rides, grilling, and drinks on our deck.
I’ve been quieter than usual on the blog this week. I had been having terrible hand and wrist pain for the last few weeks and finally went to the doctor. I have tendinitis from overuse of those muscles (likely aggravated by using a paintbrush just about every night for a month!). I have a brace to wear when I’m doing activities that make my wrist hurt (e.g. typing, using the mouse, driving…), but what I really need is rest to let it heal. I’m pretty disappointed about it, but hey, at least it’s not carpal tunnel!
- Christina and Robert’s redecorated patio is serving as major inspiration for ours. We won’t be doing anything with it this year given that it’s so late in the season, but it’s going to be our little oasis next year!
- Goop can be pretty ridiculous.
- Take an extra 20% off sale items at West Elm this weekend with code EXTRASALE. This leather chair is gorgeous and I love the black marble top of this coffee table.
- Interior decorating tips for your 20s, 30s, and 40s. The 30s section is spot on with what we’re currently focused on!
- Strawberry, pineapple, and orange sorbet sounds like the perfect late-summer dessert.
- Did you realize that dry conditioners are a thing?
- Isn’t this sweater just perfect for early autumn? I ordered it in the spice color, along with this denim mini skirt to hopefully wear with it!
- Tips on turning small talk into meaningful conversation.
- It’s Anthro Day today, which means there’s 20% off full-price items. Get this metallic tunic and let me know how amazing it is for holiday parties. (May as well pre-plan, right?)
- We binge-watched Friends from College last weekend and it’s amazing!
Five Under $50:
- I was first drawn to this emerald green shirt dress that looks way more luxe than its $35 price tag, and then I saw the printed version with monkeys and I’m even more obsessed with it. I love the cheeky print! I really want to order it to try with a structured black satchel and Ferragamo flats.
- Update your home for fall with gorgeous velvet pillows. These pillow covers are only $10.
- A cute travel pouch for all of your must-have cosmetics.
- Use code DEAL to take 40% off this blouse. I love the lace detail!
- Wool-blend felt gives these sneakers the perfect update for fall.
Earlier This Week:
- I’ve had this dress for two weeks and I’ve already worn it three times.
- Rounding up what I’d like to wear this fall.
- Best. Earrings. Ever.