Dave is forever catching me in the act of snapping Instagram photos on my phone! I was looking back at our travel photos from our March trip to New Orleans (the last vacation we’ve been on — I’m itching for something soon!) and laughed at the “behind the scenes” look at this Instagram. We found cheap tickets this fall to NOLA, but it’d be too soon to go back, right? In any case, daydreaming about another adventure is a nice escape from the crazy busy days I’ll have over the next week. Expect me to be just as quiet for another week, but then I’m anxious to start posting again. I have a lot of ideas in the works!
- It’s Kate Spade Friends & Family time! Take 30% off your purchase with code FRIEND through Sunday, Oct. 15. I usually use this as an opportunity to buy my annual day planner (very old fashioned of me). I’m also crazy about these boots. They’d be so good with black tights and a short wool dress. These striped loafers are also pretty great, as is this striped peacoat.
- Processed food gets an unfair bad rap.
- The Erdem x H&M collaboration looks dreamy!
- I came across Lauren Williams’ work last week and I just love her bohemian-inspired wall hangings. I’m also all about the velvet lumbar pillow. What a great way to add texture to your bedroom.
- The holidays are going to sneak up on us this year like they always do! I’ve been doing some early planning by picking cookie recipes (chocolate peppermint crinkle cookies are always a hit), and thinking about decorating our house (love these modern glass trees!).
- Seven ways to add hygge to your home this fall.
- How cute are these bow-topped kitten heels? (The black pair is the best.)
- A museum dedicated to the art of forgery.
- How Jennifer Fisher packs her jewelry when she travels.
- Have you seen this awful hack for making peanut butter sandwiches? It has to be a joke, right?
- I’m not one to wear high heels very often, which you know. But these? I want to wear them with opaque tights and all of my fall/winter dresses! (I keep opening a tab to stare dreamily at them, which means they’ll be on their way to me shortly to at least try in person.)
Five Under $50
- A sleek shoulder bag. I love the plum option.
- I can’t get over how much I love the colors and print of this silk scarf.
- Graphic gold earrings are a statement you can wear with just about everything this season.
- This smocked halter top is perfect to dress up for the holidays with cigarette pants or wear tucked into bell bottom jeans.
- I’m not really a sneaker girl, but I’m loving this velvet slip-on pair!
Earlier This Week:
- Missed out on under $400 tickets to Iceland, since I had to ask permission for PTO. Hoping the low price comes back soon!
- National Handbag Day is a thing.
- What we’ve been up to lately. (Spoiler: buying a lot of things for the house.)