It’s here! Christmas weekend is here! We have last minute prep work and cleaning to tackle this morning before we host Dave’s parents, sister, and brother-in-law today, but we have holiday records on the turntable and plenty of sugary treats to keep us going! Later this weekend, we’ll head up north to visit my parents for Christmas where it promises to be a winter wonderland with plenty of snow. If you celebrate, I hope you have the happiest of holidays! And if not, I hope you have a relaxing and fun weekend, too!
- One of my coworkers brought in an orange cranberry bread this week. It was amazing and it’d be perfect for Christmas morning. The recipe looks similar to this one.
- Twenty-six of the safest cities for solo female travelers.
- Are you hosting New Year’s Eve? You need to add this punch bowl/wine chiller to your arsenal. It’s stunning, isn’t it?
- We watched A Christmas Prince at the recommendation of my coworker for an awful(ly amazing) Hallmark-esque holiday movie. It’s worth the watch for the best-worst moments alone.
- The challenges faced by fine jewelers as customers move toward fashion-forward pieces.
- We’ll be spinning all of our Christmas albums today! If you’re not as well prepared with your musical selections, try Tory Burch’s playlist.
- I bought this dress and it’s so flattering! I also ordered this one to try. (I really hope it fits. I have two cocktail events in February and I’d love to wear it!)
- A great reminder to know your worth.
- Did you know that Iceland has a horrifying Christmas witch?
- Six things to do on Sunday to prep for the week.
Five Under $50:
- How cute are these blue and white striped sneakers? Buy them now and tuck them away for spring.
- Cozy up with a faux fur throw.
- An extra 20% off sale prices with code EXTRA20 brings these beauties down to $47.20.
- This sweater looks perfect for the coldest days in January.
- A ladylike skirt.
Earlier This Week:
- The easiest way to give back this holiday.
- A simple last-minute gift that you can still pull off today.