I haven’t done a monthly recap post in awhile and I miss it. It’s such a nice reminder of the mini moments that made the month more fun–especially when I’m in need of a dose of optimism! This broken foot is starting to wear on my spirits. May is actually my favorite month. The weather hints at warmer temperatures, sundresses are a reality, and it’s an excuse to travel somewhere to celebrate my birthday. Here are just a few of the things that made me happiest last month:
- Blossoming trees.
- A gold ceramic tortoise box. I love this thing and it was only $15 at Target. I use it to hide my inhaler on the coffee table.
- An indulgent brunch in Cincinnati at Krueger’s Tavern. The cocktails were incredible.
- Trying out Rocksbox for the first time. I’m not usually a fan of subscription boxes, but this jewelry rental service is pretty fun. It’s a nice way to try new styles or designers without the investment. You can try your first box for free with code bedknobsandbaublesxoxo.
- Pausing for a selfie with Dave. There’s a series of 20 photos, all much more ridiculous than this one. (I’m thinking of getting this one framed. I had a great experience with Instantly Framed last year.)
- Print mixing out of necessity. I try not to overpack when we go on vacation, so I was left with my Tory Burch tote for daytime to wear with this dress. I was hesitant at first, but I like how it turned out. I used my white Rebecca Minkoff “Mini Affair” bag at night.
- Plenty of beer stops in Cincinnati. I know many of you aren’t beer drinkers, so I try not to babble about it too much here or Instagram. If you’re interested in what I’m drinking, you can find me on Untappd with username jmhamm.
- Grocery store flowers tucked into canning jars. I’m an event manager and we had a farm-themed event in May. I bought dozens of assorted blooms and created seven centerpieces for $55. Who needs a florist when you can DIY to save money?
- Wearing a few of my favorite pieces: a Gerard Yosca necklace, a spring dress purchased last year, and my goes-with-everything tote.
// follow along on Instagram //