- It took me awhile to embrace chambray, but there are so many pretty pieces this spring that I can’t help but get on board. This little tank top is one of my favorite budget buys ever. You can find it at Modcloth for $40 or Lori’s for a few dollars more.
- Few things make me happier than elastic-waist shorts when it’s unbearably hot. Stock up on summery colors here for $49.50.
- These sandals are basically the love child of the metallic Birkenstocks I featured yesterday and the sandals I recently ordered. They’re also a heck of a lot cheaper.
- Edie Parker beach towels?! I can’t believe I didn’t know about this earlier! They’re just $29.
- I’d actually use this Ted Baker cosmetic pouch to corral the items in my beach bag. There’s also a larger size for $50.
This week, I’m coveting:
- A tangerine cocktail dress from Cameo, despite the fact I have no place to wear it. (I’ve actually tried a few things from Cameo in the past. The quality is lovely, but the fit hasn’t quite worked for me. Still tempted, though.)
- Gray Malin on Shopbop, making it that much easier to get your art fix.
- Colorful cone pieces from Sarah Magid.
- Metallic Madrid sandals from Birkenstock. I bought a pair in black last year and these are seriously making me regret it. If only I had known that I could have rose gold slides a year later! (While we’re on the topic of sandals, I bought these to try in white and I’m considering these in cognac.)
- My favorite Tory Burch tote has been restocked on Shopbop! (I tend to purchase items on Shopbop instead of the designer’s site so I can take advantage of Amazon Prime’s two-day shipping.)
- A splurge-worthy swimsuit with a sexy cutout. (I’d like to get back on the exercise bandwagon and lose another ten pounds before I treat myself to a new swimsuit.)
- An “Aloha” ear climber and stud set. It’s an unexpected way to say hello to summer.
We’re in for a stormy weekend ahead of us, which makes spending the day in pajamas awfully tempting. (Brunch, mimosas, and Mario Kart…what’s not to love?) I usually reach for these or these, yet I’m yearning for a spring upgrade. I haven’t found the right pair just yet, but I did come across five appealing options no matter your p.j. personality.
A crisp cotton nightshirt with contrast piping is a menswear classic. Wear your sexiest underwear–or none at all–for a sexy surprise.
Nautical stripes for summer? Groundbreaking.
If pajamas aren’t your thing, invest in a pretty robe with much-needed coverage to get the morning paper and enjoy coffee on the porch.
A soft pointelle jersey set is a perennial favorite. Upgrade your favorite set with a racerback cami and a pair of shorts. (If dove grey isn’t your thing, start with the camisoles here where you’ll find this Eberjey number in prettiest shade of pink.)
Truth be told, I bought this DVF dress July and hadn’t worn it until our trip to Florida last month. I absolutely adore the Lisa Frank-meets-Flintstones print, but it felt a little too bold for Wisconsin. Screw that, though. Now that it has had its maiden voyage, I want to wear it all the time … with one minor alteration. The wrap skirt flutters up at the slightest breeze and I need to have it sewn shut (or at least have my tailor put in a couple of snaps). I actually had to use my tote to avoid any embarrassing wardrobe malfunctions!
Dress: Diane von Furstenberg (old; other patterns in the same style and I love this one)
Bag: Tory Burch (it’s on sale!)
Sandals: Sam Edelman
Necklace: c/o Pink Sole’s Etsy shop
Ring: Lulu Frost
Lips: Stila “Fiore”
Nails: Clinique “Hi Sweetie” and Essie “In the Cab-ana”