I’m not going to shut up about this dress anytime soon. Can you blame me, though? For $49, this wardrobe workhorse is the number one item you should add to your spring shopping list. The basic, no-frills shape makes it incredibly versatile. I’ve worn it just like this for work, with sneakers, and to an evening event with my favorite Lele Sadoughi necklace (this one). I love the dress so much that I also ordered the pink one to try. It ended up being kind of sheer, so I’d recommend sticking with the classic black option. (Going with the tried-and-true classics is my favorite budget-friendly tip. It’s hard to tell if something like a little black dress is a cheap thrill. Inexpensive prints and brights typically look cheap, so I save up for pricier versions of those.)
Leith dress | H&M top (old; similar) | Target purse | G.H. Bass shoes (old; similar here and here, plus these for a splurge) | Lele Sadoughi pendant (old; similar and I search eBay for budget-friendly vintage finds, like Trifari pendants) | Monica Vinader ring (similar) | Dolce & Gabbana sunglasses (old; similar)
We finally picked out our first piece of art for our new home: Sombras by Lulaloo. It’s moodier than I had planned on, but Dave put the kibosh on adding more tropical-inspired artwork to our ever-growing collection of beach prints. I may have grumbled at our first design compromise for the new house, but it really is a gorgeous, sophisticated piece that will serve as the focal point of the room — especially since we’re going big with the 44-inch square print! I can’t wait to see it in person. Elsewhere in the house, we’ll do a gallery wall where I’d like to add this sweet print by Aspacia Kusulas.
1. J.Crew halter keyhole one-piece swimsuit | 2. Muuñ Cabana tote | 3. Lele Sadoughi Pendulum earrings | 4. Aspacia Kusulas I’d Rather Wear Flowers | 5. Julie Vos Soho ring | 6. Bauble Bar Evelyn ball drop earrings | 7. Topshop swing cami | 8. Topshop floral wide-leg trousers | 9. Sam Edelman Theodora velvet-trim satin sandals | 10. Kate Spade Shine On drop stud earrings
We’re off to Chicago today to see Hamilton! We’re spending two nights in the Windy City, which means that we’ll also get to see the river dyed green on Saturday for early St. Patrick’s Day festivities! Follow the non-curated, non-filtered version of our weekend away (and our upcoming New Orleans trip) on Snapchat! My username is bedknobsbaubles.
ADMIRE: The Riviera Hotel in Palm Springs received an Instagram-worthy makeover.
CHEERS: Move over hygge and make room for kalsarikännit, the Finnish concept of drinking at home alone in your underwear.
FOLLOW: I’m sorry, but these kids are more fashionable than you will ever be.
RALLY AGAINST: Carrie wrote a poignant post about the realities of wage discrimination.
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT:
- I transformed my off-the-shoulder chambray dress into a one-shoulder number.
- Daydreaming about the sneakers in this post.
- A roundup of 15 spring bags under $150.
- I’m a sucker for Ferragamo flats and hexagon tiles.
ON MY WISH LIST:
- Alright, so I already purchased these and they arrived yesterday: sandals embellished with faux pearl beads. I couldn’t resist ordering them this week and then I saw them on Blair the next day, which obviously meant my sartorial selection was spot on. I freaking love them.
- Mod citrus earrings. Part of me hates these and, yet, another part of me is gaga for them.
- The scalloped detail on this pretty top caught my eye.
- A pair of slides with a fantastic, oversized bow!
- The romper of my dreams.