Saturday was unseasonably warm and I took full advantage of the 40-degree weather with spring accessories: my favorite Kate Spade shoes and a new J.Crew necklace. I was unsure about this necklace when it first arrived because the color is much brighter in person than it appears in the stock photo. It has been a bit of a styling challenge, but I love how it looks with mint accessories.
We haven’t planned a 2013 seaside escape yet, but that’s not stopping me from dreaming of a new swimsuit in a pretty shade of cerulean. I’ve got my eye on this strapless, scarf-print version from J.Crew (and these yellow shorts to go with it).
Shop It: J.Crew tulle underwire // Miu Miu bow bandeau // J.Crew striped halter // Norma Kamali halter // Violet Lake bikini top and bottom // Tory Burch bikini top and bottom // J.Crew one-shoulder // J.Crew scarf print // J.Crew bikni top and bottom // J.Crew scalloped tank
Soon enough, it’ll be time to transition to our summer wardrobes. I’m planning to mix the sweetness of spring with bold graphic prints.
- Herringbone Rug, Urban Outfitters, $74
- Tropical Sunset Necklace, Banana Republic, $69.50
- Bow Belt, ASOS, $14.54
- Peplum Pointe Tank, Anthropologie, $74
- Seaport Bracelet Watch, Kate Spade, $150
- Lantern Vase, Jonathan Adler, $98
- Espadrilles, Diane von Furstenberg, $278
- Zebra Scarf, ModCloth, $24.99
- Printed Shorts, Old Navy, $22.94
- Pink Opal Studs, Wendy Mink Jewelry, $145
- I spent the weekend in northern Wisconsin, helping my parents pack up the house in anticipation of their upcoming move.
- A bit of Kate Spade brightened up the mailbox
- Each night, my dad and I had a 5 o’clock cocktail: a brandy old fashioned, Wisconsin’s signature drink.
- We rediscovered all sorts of treasures, like these earrings that belonged to my grandmother. (We also found a box of vintage ornaments left by the previous homeowner. Jackpot.)
- Reveling in spring
- Saying goodbye to my childhood home
Follow me on Instagram @bedknobsandbaubles!
I purchased this mint necklace last week in Florida and it’s already become a source of inspiration for my spring wardrobe: candy colors offset by patterns in rich cobalt.
- Monotone Beaded Necklace, J.Crew, $42.50
- Dinner Plate, C. Wonder, $12
- Striped Smoking Shoe, Charles Philip Loafers, $135
- Zip-Dee-Doo Knob, Anthropologie, $10 each
- Garden Society Scarf, Kate Spade, $100
- Mirror, Lauren Merkin, $35
- Bureau Jacket, J.Crew, $168
- Bubbly Daisy Saucers, Kate Spade, $80 pair
- Bug Bangle, C. Wonder, $48
- “Three Sheets to the Wind” Flask, Izola, $25
- Cockatoo Ring, Juicy Couture, $68
- Handbag, Nine West, $59