Hi, friends! I’m finally back in the swing of things after a work-induced break from the blog and from much of social media! I always realize how much I appreciate this space after I’ve been away for a bit. We’re expecting a dreary weekend here, which is the perfect excuse to tackle a few house projects. As you know, I’ve been slowly working on repairing and painting the doors in our house, and removing the paint from the original hardware before polishing the brass back to its original sheen (without ruining the perfect patina you can only get with age). I’ll be wrapping up our bedroom door today, leaving me with three more I’d like to finish before the end of November. There are few things I find as satisfying as finishing up household projects, but we’re nearing the end of the things we can do on our own and will need to find a contractor to embark on our more ambitious — and more expensive — improvements.
- I just love Meg’s makeup art column.
- DIY macrame feathers for budget-friendly wall decor.
- We finally picked out a dining room light fixture!
- dELiA*s is back with a limited-time capsule collection. (So many late ’90s and early ’00s flashbacks.)
- Taking candy tasting as seriously as wine tasting.
- An Instagrammer is being sued for a failure to influence.
- I never thought I’d want green kitchen cabinets until now.
- This scarf is a must-have for the holiday season.
- Make sure you know what’s on your ballot before going to the polls on Tuesday.
- Pumpkin bread with salted maple butter looks like the perfect thing for cool fall mornings.
- The stories behind legendary hip-hop photos.
- In search of a sexy cocktail glass? Look no further than this one.
Finds Under $50:
- This glass decanter is really pretty and comes in at just $15. I added it to our bar cabinet already!
- An evergreen lace dress is perfect for the upcoming holiday season.
- A metal handle makes this affordable bag look chic.
- A cozy, wear-it-every-weekend sweater.
- A pastel scarf is unexpected for winter, yet it’s perfect for the holiday season and would look great with a camel-colored coat.
Earlier This Week:
image via this post