- Kate Spade’s passing touched many of us this week. Her pieces were oftentimes our first foray into the designer fashion world, and what a fun and imaginative world it was! A couple of my favorite pieces of remembrance can be read here, here, and here. (As I was writing this, I just learned of Anthony Bourdain’s suicide. I’m stunned that we lost two creative greats this week.)
- According to a piece in the New York Times, “a majority of women, and nearly half of men, say it’s unacceptable to have dinner or drinks alone with someone of the opposite sex other than their spouse.” And it gets more shocking when it comes to business meetings. Read the study here.
- I have a crush on these studded sandals.
- Lydia looks so cute in these pics. (Isn’t her vintage bag absolutely perfect?)
- A blueberry-pecan galette looks like the ideal summer dessert.
- Bats take up residence in a Portuguese library to aid in book preservation.
- I just learned that Getty Images has a site to purchase framed art prints. Check out the Slim Aarons collection, for example.
- Decluttering? Don’t just put things in the donation pile without first seeing what they might be worth. Here are some of the items that hold resale value.
- Tips on how to feel confident in a bathing suit.
- A bit of patio inspiration to get your deck in tip top shape.
Finds Under $50:
- A butterfly top looks like a perfectly breezy way to beat the heat. (The colorway I like is actually $2 more, but I can’t resist those sherbet-like hues!)
- I love the knot detail on this pretty cami.
- Oversize beaded flower earrings? I’m in! (If you’re in the market for a more modern statement earring, check out these.)
- This dress looks a lot like the one I wore here.
- A sleeveless sweater is such a great wear-to-work option for summer.
Earlier This Week:
- The best dress to beat the heat in Austin.
- Crazy about the affordable net bag in this week’s “The Coveted.”
- Practical tips to prep your car for a summer road trip.
- Mini moments from last month.
image via Unsplash