Welp! I didn’t expect to take a week-long hiatus from the blog, but work got in the way of the hobby this week! My annual business expo is coming up in 12 days and I’m in crunch time for the project. On days I wasn’t working late, I was chilling on the couch with Dave and Bacon — and keeping as far away from computer and phone screens as possible. I just needed time to breathe and not feel obligated to check another to-do off the list, but the truth is that I feel terribly guilty when I have weeks like this — and a little jealous of those who seem to effortlessly crank out posts. I know I shouldn’t feel that way; this isn’t my full-time job and there will be weeks where my creativity is spent and my attention needs to go to the thing that actually pays the bills.
And, if I’m being completely transparent, I’ve been in a bit of a funk since the Kavanaugh confirmation. I try not to get political in this space because things like clothing and home decor should be fun, but it’s difficult to put on a happy facade when I feel so angry about the whole thing. (I even got into a verbal spat with a guy at last week’s Badger game who was talking about how thrilled he was with the result. Ugh.) It was just one of those weeks, and while I didn’t contribute anything fun to the Internet, others did! So, let’s move on to lighter, happier, escapism-y things!
- The HPV vaccination is now available for women ages 27 to 45. Make an appointment with your gynecologist STAT.
- Can marijuana treat menstrual cramps?
- I am obsessing over Polène, a new-to-me French handbag brand. This bag is at the very top of my wish list. Isn’t it breathtaking in this fall shade?
- Do quartz and jade rollers actually do anything?
- Ursula applying lipstick in The Little Mermaid really was a strangely satisfying part of the movie.
- Move aside hygge, now there’s kalsarikännit.
- Chewy, salty brownie cookies with the surprising addition of licorice root.
- If you’re in the market for a new set of sheets, may I suggest these indulgent linen sheets from Lands’ End, which are currently 30% off? We bought a set this summer and they’re the most luxurious sheets I’ve ever owned.
- Jenna Lyons is launching a lifestyle brand.
- The top trends from the spring 2019 runways.
- How to master your emotions.
Finds Under $50:
- Add this faux-fur pom-pom beanie to your winter wardrobe immediately. I love it in grey! (There’s a cable-knit one in pink here.)
- Faux pearls dot this cozy sweater.
- An ice bucket that’s both whimsical and chic. It’s perfect for holiday entertaining!
- A striped pullover sweater for fall days.
- Dabble in the leopard-print trend with this wrap skirt.
Earlier This Week: Ha! 😉
image via this post
Let’s keep in touch! Instagram / Facebook / Pinterest / Bloglovin’