My business-to-business expo is coming up next week, so there’s a good chance I’ll be mum until after the Wednesday event. I’m spending the majority of the weekend working; it might not be the most fun way to spend my days off, but the to-do list needs to get done! This week wasn’t all work and no play, however. We met up with friends to watch the Brewers games. (I’ll never understand sports fandom, but I’m in for the social aspect.) And, we saw Garbage perform at a new music venue here in Madison. I was never a huge Garbage fan, but they had so many hits over the years that it was fun to see them in concert. I’ve had “Push It” in my head since that night, but I’ll admit that I was disappointed they didn’t play [what I consider] their best song, “#1 Crush.” (I may have the Romeo + Juliet soundtrack circa 1996 in my car at all times…)
- I don’t exactly have a spot for this lamp, but I’m seriously considering it adding to our home. I love the shape! Plus, it’s 25% off right now.
- Five explanations for why we like to be scared.
- Are you overwashing your face?
- Snag Jonathan Adler’s aesthetic for less in his latest collaboration. (The stoneware vases are my favorite!)
- If you think embroidery is stuffy, wait until you see the work by Sheena Liam.
- Why everyone uses travel photos on dating apps.
- You know the “do it like a French girl” trend has gone too far when you can now wash your hair like a Parisian.
- While I don’t regret returning this bag in the tan faux-croc (the color wasn’t for me), I do regret not exchanging it for another color. I don’t know what it is about that purse, but I’m still smitten with it — impracticality and all. Do I go with white or black? The mini version or the mid-sized one? Or is this really a dumb purchase all around? (I’m thinking either mini in white or mid-size in black.) Honestly, I’ll probably talk myself out of this before the weekend is over.
- I’ve been itching to visit Canada, so I’m bookmarking this mini guide to Quebec City.
- Most white Americans’ DNA can be identified through genealogy databases.
- This astrology Instagram account cracks me up. I’m a Gemini and this was especially spot on, as are others, but I won’t give it all away!
- Lulu Frost is having an online sample sale!
Finds Under $50:
- I’m a sucker for a pretty blouse in an autumnal hue.
- A striped turtleneck makes for a great layering piece this season.
- I just received these chambray napkins (c/o) and they’re even better in person!
- These earrings come right in at $50, but aren’t they such a gorgeous, modern shape?
- Charm bracelets are starting to make a comeback. Get the look for less.
- Yes, it’s too early to talk about Christmas, but I just bought this table cloth. I love the vintage-inspired pattern!
Earlier This Week:
- An affordable fine jewelry brand you need to keep on your radar (and wish list).
- How to explore your city like a tourist.
- Holiday entertaining isn’t complete without Instagram-worthy barware.
image via Unsplash
Let’s keep in touch! Instagram / Facebook / Pinterest / Bloglovin’