Happy Friday, everyone! It’s going to be an absolute scorcher here in Madison, but I can’t bring myself to complain about the heat when we have such brutal winters! We don’t have a lot going on this weekend. If you saw my Instagram story last week, you may remember that I started painting the inside of our linen closet. I’d like to finish that up and put two more coats of paint on the office door and hang it up. (It’ll be the first room door we’ve had a year! We’ve been living with an “open concept” upstairs, with exception of the bathroom.) Other than that, there’s a neighborhood festival we’d like to go to and we have plans with friends on Sunday. Have a great weekend!
- Milwaukee really is an underrated travel destination, especially for a weekend getaway.
- A beginner’s guide to retinol.
- Even though I’m lukewarm on the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale, I did spend time looking through the selection to narrow down my favorites: a yellow coat, a tiered floral dress, a wrap blouse, earrings by one of my favorite designers, sophisticated sandals, and Chelsea-cut rain boots. I might actually order the rain boots to try. It’d be nice to have something other than tall wellies for wet days.
- Yeah, this obligatory wedding dress shot is weird.
- Wet plate photography of the past inspired a photojournalist to explore the Māori culture. (This was undoubtedly the most interesting thing I read this week.)
- Weekday meal prep is so much easier when you can cook once and reuse the leftovers in creative ways.
- Earrings that double as headphones.
- Add this easy tiki drink to your summer cocktail repertoire.
- The ways that Sex and the City nailed life in your 30s.
- Painting over generic canvas art to make your own DIY piece on a budget is brilliant.
Finds Under $50:
- A gorgeous maxi dress in the prettiest blue hue.
- Woven leather slides. (Not all of the colors are under $50, but the cognac is most expense at just $54.)
- In red, this ponte-knit sheath dress is a workday showstopper.
- A pair of wrap sandals with fabric ties in a pretty Liberty print.
- Hoop earrings with a unique front-facing shape.
- Love the look of clear vinyl bags, but don’t want to spend a fortune? Try this one.
Earlier This Week:
- How to gain early access to the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale without a brand credit card.
- When building a quality wardrobe, here are the categories you should splurge on and those you can skimp on.
- I’m crushing hard on the pumps featured in this post.
- I don’t wear these sandals often because they’re terribly uncomfortable, but they’re so pretty!
image via Unsplash