We’re back from our short trip to Florida’s Gulf Coast! It’s been a few years since we’ve had a beach vacation, so when Dave’s parents rented a condo for the month of January, we jumped at the chance to visit for a long weekend. It was nice to get away from the dreary weather and indulge in sunshine-filled days, visits to nearby cities, walks along the coast, and afternoons in the pool. Now that we’re back, I’m looking forward to actually getting back into a routine with work, blogging, and the house. We had so much come up at the end of the year with travel and the holidays that I need to get back into a regular schedule, and I’m very much looking forward to sharing more in this space again!
- Banana Republic reissued Ruth Bader Ginsburg’s dissent collar.
- How millennials became the burnout generation.
- This vegan chickpea and cauliflower curry soup sounds perfect for winter.
- Are you taking part in Apartment Therapy’s annual January Cure? It’s a great way to get your home organized for the new year, and offers motivation to tackle any neglected projects.
- How Rihanna became one of the most influential people in fashion.
- What it’s like to work as an online censor in China.
- How breast augmentation and liposuction procedures are evolving in 2019.
- The best Marie Kondo organization tips.
- This is the year I’m finally going to commit to eco-friendly shopping bags for grocery trips. These bags come in a set of five for just $14 and have great reviews.
Finds Under $50:
- How fun are these green acrylic hoops? They’re only $10!
- A ladylike bag with a snakeskin-embossed print.
- If you’re a fan of Cult Gaia’s wood earrings, snag these immediately. They’re on sale for just over $35 — a steal when the original price was $118.
- A knot detail gives this slim top a bit of sex appeal.
- I love the piped trim on this work-appropriate top.
- The texture on this porcelain bowl adds visual interest.
What You May Have Missed:
- I’ve got my eye on neutrals (and that bag on my wish list).
- On my radar this month.
- Morning walks along the Gulf Coast.
- We were upgraded to first class on our flight!