IN THE WARDROBE
See all of this year’s sartorial additions here.
- J.Crew linen muscle tank in black – I bought a couple of these earlier this summer and loved them so much that I decided a black one would be a versatile option to add into the rotation. Runs true to size.
- J.Crew relaxed fit linen beach sweater in light walnut – This is such a great transitional sweater as we head into fall and the warm acorn color is so pretty. It has an open-weave knit, so you’ll want to keep that in mind while layering. It runs a size large.
- Kate Spade ‘al fresco’ dress in chambray – I bought this dress in the gingham print last month and loved the cut so much that I couldn’t resist the chambray one once it went on sale. I’ll be wearing this throughout the rest of the summer and into fall with sneakers. Runs true to size. It does have a smocked back and the front is snug enough that you can skip a bra if you’d like.
AROUND THE HOUSE
- Target x Hearth & Hand striped indoor/outdoor pillow – Target is killing it lately, considering the majority of my household additions this month are from the big box retailer. First up is this indoor/outdoor pillow that I’m keeping inside. It holds its shape well and the graphic stripes are a nice contrast to the traditional rug we have in our living room.
- Rejuvenation spun brass tray, 10″ diameter – Keep an eye on this as it often goes on sale when Rejuvenation and the other Williams Sonoma brands have their warehouse sales. I bought it for $30 at the beginning of August, which is about what you should spend on it. The quality is great, however, and it has a nice heft to it — as it should for being solid brass. We’re using it on our dining room table to corral decor items and candles (and to hide a ding toward the center of the table that drives me nuts).
- Target x Hearth & Hand fall tartan throw – This isn’t the best quality throw blanket as our cat has snagged it numerous times already, but I do love the colors and the plaid is a fun way to bring in an early dose of fall. Maybe consider it if you don’t have pets.
- Target x Hearth & Hand colorblock striped throw blanket in green/oatmeal – Between the two Target throw blankets, this one is by far better than the other. The knit is substantial, it’s generously sized, and I just love the bold stripes. I won’t let the cat near this one in fear of a snag, so I can’t speak to how well it’ll hold up to claws.
- Target x Studio McGee wood arched floor mirror – This mirror is gorgeous and comes in at just $100. However, the packaging is shockingly poor for a mirror. The first one I ordered arrived shattered. I had my second attempt shipped directly to the store so I didn’t have to deal with glass again if it also arrived broken. Target canceled my order, so I strongly suspect it didn’t make the trip in one piece. The third attempt, though, was a charm. So, if you also love it, be patient and know that there’s a good chance you’ll be placing a few orders to finally get one in good shape! It is worth the hassle.
- mDesign storage baskets – I’m doing a bit of under-the-sink organization in our kitchen and ordered these storage baskets to corral cleaning supplies and vases. While not terribly exciting, they were one of the prettiest options I found that were still affordable, so I thought I’d share ’em!
This post contains affiliate links.