Happy Saturday, everyone! We made it through another week, which means spring is that much closer. (Don’t forget to “spring ahead” and move your clocks an hour forward tonight.) We have absolutely nothing on our must-do list this weekend and I couldn’t be happier about it. Yesterday afternoon was a busy one, though. I was on the phone for almost two hours scheduling companies to give us quotes on tree trimming and widening the end of our driveway. I also scheduled an appointment for someone to come in and discuss adding roller shades to our dining room and bedrooms. They don’t look difficult to do on my own, but I want to feel all of the material choices and have someone else measure and install them so I don’t screw it up. We’ll look at adding drapes down the road. For now, I just need our bedroom to be dark!
- Daylight Saving Time starts tomorrow. Even though I find the concept asinine (even more so after reading this), I’m excited for it to be light out longer after work.
- Exploring the history of leopard print clothing.
- Lydia linked to this post about the early days of blogging in her “Peaks of the Week” post last Friday. Does anyone else miss the days where we were all eager to support each other and share the great things one another was posting? It made the blogging community so fun! I’d like to become better about doing that myself.
- Mattel’s Barbie brand is honoring a new group of women in its “Shero” collection. The collection was launched in 2015 with dolls “based on women who break boundaries in sports, politics and entertainment.”
- Did you see Bozoma Saint John’s amazing Oscar look?
- These shoes look way more expensive than they are. Plus, you can take 40% off this weekend with code FRIENDS40.
- How to estimate the cost of a renovation.
- A tangerine, ginger, and chocolate tart looks like an amazing choice for an Easter dessert.
- I discovered the whimsical work of Janet Hill Studio this week.
- These are such good tips for having a date night at home. (I’m guilty of wearing loungewear … making a mental note to correct that!)
Finds Under $50:
- I stopped by Old Navy yesterday to buy this dress in grey. It’s going to be so comfy for our international flight! I then spotted this dress on my way out. I was wearing layers and tights and didn’t want to go back in the dressing room, but it looks like it’s good quality and it’s really cute!
- This tie-front dress is perfect for spring!
- I always feel conflicted about designer knockoffs, but these affordable parrot earrings are pretty amazing.
- A simple dress with a twist.
- Brighten up your kitchen with a colorful collection of juice glasses. (While we’re on the topic of colored glassware, I’m thinking about this pitcher for the tray on top of our bar cabinet. It’s so pretty!)
- A sophisticated menswear-inspired nightshirt.
Earlier This Week:
- The best $49 you’ll spend this season.
- Mini moments from February.
- Five tips for finding and identifying your personal style.
- Photos of our living room the day of our inspection versus now.
- Feminine pieces to covet for spring.
image via Unsplash