Happy Friday! I couldn’t be happier that this week is wrapping up. I was in a funk for most of it and kind of crabby, which I’m sure is partly due to the transitional weather that seems to drag on when spring is tantalizingly close. On the happier side, I played hooky on Tuesday afternoon to enjoy temperatures that edged close to 60 degrees. I bought myself tulips, went for a two-and-a-half mile walk, and made headway on some blog ideas. This week also marks a personal accomplishment of losing 10 pounds since Thanksgiving. I started counting calories with the MyFitnessPal app at the beginning of the year, so I’m only 5.3 pounds down there, but I’m still really proud of myself. I’m hoping to lose another 10 pounds this year, so form-fitting clothing purchases will be put on the back burner during this time. But you know I’m crazy about the loose dresses, so I’m sure I’ll amass plenty of spring duds I can wear throughout the weight-loss period. 😉 How was your week?
- My new favorite Twitter account.
- Organization guru, Marie Kondo, collaborated with Cuyana on a collection of perfect jewelry travel cases.
- Angela kicked off a new blog series where she features her favorite font finds of the month, including a freebie to download. (Don’t be surprised if you see that ‘Chloe’ font make an appearance on the blog.)
- Obviously Christmas is a long way off, but I couldn’t help ordering these mules yesterday to pack away for the holiday season. Aren’t they ridiculous in the very best way? It’s basically the shoe version of an ugly sweater.
- Here are 45 ideas for decorating a blank wall in your home. Plus, use Grace’s tip for affordable art! (We have a random doorway cut between our master bedroom and the guest room from when the house was a two-flat. The guest room was the kitchen and we had to remove cabinetry when we moved in. The master bedroom must have been the living room. It wouldn’t be so bad if the door frame was more than just haphazard two-by-fours and there was an actual door to separate the rooms. Anyway, we’re looking to close it off and add a shallow bookcase to the master bedroom side to display items. That list is coming in handy.)
- An interview with Desiree Gruber with great advice on building your personal brand.
- This vase is such a work of art.
- Chanel is launching a pop-up beauty shop with so many Instagrammable moments. Swing by if you’re in L.A. at the beginning of March!
- My optometrist keeps suggesting I consider LASIK because I’ve had stable vision for well over a decade. (I swear, he must get some sort of referral commission considering how many times he’s suggested it.) Julia’s experience with vision correction sounds like absolute hell and has put me in the “F* no” camp on that one.
- Meet the designers behind some of the most striking book covers.
Finds Under $50:
- Bow-topped slides in a pretty lavender hue.
- A pretty pink sweater is the perfect piece for winter-to-spring weather.
- I love that this phone case is inspired by a take-out bag.
- If you really want to make a statement at your next cocktail soiree, bust out a vintage-inspired velvet turban.
- This dramatic necklace will add a punch to your simplest dresses this spring.
- Use code DIYUMSN to take 30% off slides that come in a fun blue glitter option or a multi-color stripe.
Earlier This Week:
- Reaching for the classics when I feel uninspired.
- This week’s most coveted items.
- What I bought this month.
- Behind the Baubles with Candy Shop Vintage.
image via Unsplash
Let’s keep in touch! Instagram / Facebook / Pinterest / Bloglovin’