See this year’s sartorial additions here.
- Amazon The Drop tiered midi dress – This was my only Prime Day purchase and, boy, is it a good one! I had very low hopes for this dress since fast fashion isn’t exactly what I want to support, but I kept getting sucked in with all of the glowing reviews. I’m so glad I went for it! It’s a little snug across the bust, so I wouldn’t suggest going down a size. In fact, you might want to consider a size up. (I can’t imagine going up a size would make the dress that much more flowy where it’ll drown you.) The fabric is substantial and while it arrived wrinkled, it steamed right out. It does get wrinkled as you’re sitting, but it’s not too noticeable in the black. The straps are adjustable with buttons at the back and, yes, there are pockets.
- Amazon swimsuit coverup (not pictured) – This caftan has been getting some love on blogs recently and so I thought I’d try the one-size-fits-most coverup. Is it the best quality item? Of course not. Is it super cute with a forgiving shape to drape over your swimsuit? Yep! It also folds up incredibly small so it’ll be easy to pack on a vacation and barely wrinkles. As for sizing, I’m currently in a 10 or 12 depending on the brand (medium on top; large on bottom). I think this caftan could go to a size 14, but probably not much larger than that.
- Paravel small cabana tote – You know I’m sucker for Paravel’s items. They’re beautiful, well made, and sustainable. I use the large cabana tote quite a bit in the summer for daytrips, car travels, or picnics, but it’s too large when I don’t have much to bring with during the day. Enter the small version. It’s still spacious for all of my daytime essentials, my camera, and whatever else I collect on my adventure, but it’s a lot more manageable. I’ll do a post next month comparing the two sizes.
- Nike ‘Daybreak’ sneaker in black – If you’re in need of a comfortable sneaker, look no further than Nike’s Daybreak option. This is now my third pair of them and I’m still smitten with the vintage-inspired look. They fit true to size.
- Birkenstock plastic ‘Arizona’ sandals – We have a mulberry tree in our backyard that’s so messy. I finally caved and bought a pair of plastic Birks so I have a shoe that’s easy to wash off after stepping on dropped berries. I’ll have a full review of these coming up next month!
- Anthropologie ‘Robin’ tiered mini dress – This is such a pretty dress that’s feminine without being saccharine. It has a nice drape that doesn’t overwhelm your figure, and the lowered hem in the back is a nice touch for those with a larger booty so the dress doesn’t get too short back there! I had actually ordered the green version in a medium first and loved how it fit, but I was curious to see the larger version since the medium was juuust right in the bust and I wondered if I’d prefer more space. I ordered it again in large along with the pink one in large. The large green one was way too big and the large pink one was way too small. Clearly there are some sizing inconsistencies with this. If you can find the right fit, though, it’s worth it.
- Ugg slide slippers – These are my lone purchase from the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale. I bought them to replace a pair of slippers from J.Crew that had seen better days. I went with my regular size 7 and they fit perfectly, but you could likely go up a half size if needed and they’d still fit well.
- Dessert Person: Recipes and Guidance for Baking with Confidence – My coworker lent me this book after we were sharing notes on baking with tomatoes and I ordered it after one flip through. There are so many recipes in here for the novice baker as well as those with more experience. I haven’t made anything from the book yet, but I’m eager to dive in. (There’s even a Reddit community for those who love the book.)
- Microplane zest grater – I was tired of bringing out the larger grater when I need to zest a lime or lemon.
- The Cocktail Bible (not pictured) – I picked up this cute cocktail book at an independent store over the weekend. It’s full of every classic cocktail you’ll ever make and the jacket is has a leather-like look and feel. It’s pretty enough to keep out on the bar.
Thanks for visiting! As a reminder, I may earn an affiliate commission if you buy an item through my links. This is at no cost to you. I appreciate your continued support!