October was all about being cozy with three pajama sets purchased! It was intentional, however, as I have strabismus surgery coming up in November and I wanted to have a selection of loungewear to look forward to wearing on my recovery days. (My left eye has been turning in as I’ve gotten older and I need to have the muscles adjusted so it’s straight again. Yes, I’m nervous. Yes, cute loungewear helps take the edge off.)
I did try on the coat that I was enamored with earlier this month and it was laughably bad on me. The color was beautiful, but the oversize fit was … not great. It looked like I was wearing my father’s jacket. I ordered a couple of additional coats to try and will report back if they’re worth keeping.
Other than that, I did find a beautiful vintage cocktail ring that I posted on my Insta story over the weekend, along with a vintage decanter for our bar. Those will make appearances online eventually!
IN THE WARDROBE
See this year’s sartorial additions here.
- Ann Taylor bunny pajama set – Proof that bunnies can be chic! I just love these so much. The colors, the contrast cuff, the satin fabric! It’s just all so good. I sized up to a large since the fabric doesn’t have any stretch to it and pajamas definitely can’t be restricting.
- Soma tank and short pajama set – My favorite pajamas are from Soma’s “Cool Nights” collection, lauded for the fabric’s ability to stay cool and keep from sticking to you at night. I prefer shorts and tanks for sleeping, so this was a no-brainer for my collection. Plus, I can mix and match it with the two pieces below. (I bought a medium, which is my regular size at Soma.)
- Soma ‘Cool Nights’ long sleeve pajama top – This top also runs true to size. I’ve been wearing it with the shorts from the pajama set above on work-from-home days.
- Soma ‘Sunday’ lounge pants – I wore the shorts version of these a lot during the pandemic and fully expect the pants to be equally loved. I wear a medium in these as well.
AROUND THE HOUSE
- Beech wood doorstops – I actually bought these last month and neglected to tell you about them! Our cat, Oliver, has a tendency to close doors and I get so nervous that he’ll lock himself in a bedroom while we’re gone that I bought four of these to keep our upstairs doors open. They’re prettier than metal doorstops and the price is great at $10 for a set of two.
- Ranger Station balsam fir candle – The balsam scent of this candle is fresh and clean, making it ideal for the upcoming season. It makes for a great gift too, as it comes with a box of matches and can be used as a cocktail glass once the candle is finished.
This post contains affiliate links.