After two years of leaning into a pandemic wardrobe of yoga pants and sweaters, I’m desperate for a sartorial change and focused my spending on statement pieces this month, along with a dress that will be worn on repeat once the weather gets warm again. It was a Treat-Yo-Self kind of month in the closet that continues to spark so much joy.
On the home front, it was all about our upcoming bathroom renovations. So, while I don’t have anything listed here for home purchases this month (despite ordering a fair amount of products), I’ll be doing a full recap of what we bought for our powder room and main bathroom in the coming weeks! It’s really fun to see it coming together even if we still have a punch list of items yet to order in the next couple of weeks. Wish us luck!
IN THE WARDROBE
See this year’s sartorial additions here.
- Kate Spade ‘Buckle-Up’ flats in glittery tweed – These make me the happiest! They dress up a little black dress, but they also look cute with jeans and a sweater. I found that they run true to size.
- Banana Republic pleated sequin mini dress – I bought this when it was on sale for about half price, which is the price point I think you should spend on it. I love BR’s revival, but I don’t think the quality matches the price yet. That said, this is a beautiful dress with lots of shimmer and a fun swingy shape. The lining matches the shape and size of the dress instead of being cut smaller, so it’s a good option for women with hips. The arm holes don’t go down as far as they do on the model, so you’re not actually on the verge of a sideboob peep show. Some of the reviews to say to go down a size. I went with a medium, which was correct. (I’ll typically wear a medium on top and a large on bottom.)
- Ann Taylor floral shirred v-neck top – This was really a workwear purchase for me. We’re getting back to doing more in-person events and I realized that I don’t have a lot in my closet that actually fits in terms of professional clothes now that we’re coming out of the worst of the pandemic. I went with a medium and it drapes well and has enough room at the top of my hips. The shirred v-neckline is flattering.
- Loeffler Randall ‘Doreen’ clutch – There have been so many times that I’ve had a special occasion come up that I’ll find a beautiful cocktail dress for, but I’ll come up empty on the clutch. When I saw this beauty, I knew that it’d be the perfect clutch for every foreseeable dressy event. It’s a splurge, but I just had to have it. It’s destined to be one of those timeless items you’ll have in your closet forever. Plus, it actually holds quite a bit. My phone, card case, keys, and lipstick all fit inside with room to spare. It’s worth every penny.
- Anthropologie tiered v-neck tunic dress – I love, love, love this dress! It’s SO flattering! I also bought this in a medium and it’s flirty and short and so much fun! I can’t wait for warm weather (or a warm-weather getaway) to wear this! I’ll be pairing it with tights until then.
This post contains affiliate links.