It feels like summer was gone in a blink of an eye this year — and beyond that, how are we almost a third of the way through September?! I’m usually good about sharing some of my favorite purchases of the month when they’re timely enough to purchase, but that’s not the case this time around with two Boden sale picks. (I’ve really become a fan of Boden this year. Their pieces are beautiful, well made, and timeless.) Regardless, read on to learn more about what made its way to my closet this year.
Not mentioned below: the dirndl I purchased for Munich’s Oktoberfest later this month. Prost!
See this year’s sartorial additions here.
- Birkenstock ‘Madrid’ sandals in white – I have these in black and the big buckle version in cognac. The white was a natural addition to my collection. I’d been waiting for them to be restocked for the better part of the summer.
- Boden ankle tile pointed flats in tan – I’m sorry to share that these are sold out because they’re gorgeous and a unique alternative to a standard pair of ballet flats. They’re perfect for the summer-to-fall transition. I usually wear a size 7 in American sizing, but went with a 38 in these (the 7.5 equivalent). They fit perfectly. I also have my eye on this pair.
- Boden cashmere sweater in tan – This sweater is wonderfully plush with a slightly oversize fit that manages to remain flattering. I can already tell that I’ll be reaching for this on repeat once it gets cooler out.
- H&M rib-knit cardigan in beige melange – H&M is always hit or miss for me (and more often a miss), but I was intrigued by this cardigan that’s getting a lot of love online. It runs excessively large. I bought a small, which is more than generous. I don’t find the fit particularly flattering, especially with the wide-cut arms that only look good slightly rolled. However, it’s very cozy. I’m keeping it to wear with black yoga pants and this black tank top on our flight to Europe. It’ll also be wonderful for work-from-home days.
- J.Crew demi-boot cropped jeans – I love a cropped jean! With cooler days on the horizon, I thought I should at least have more than one pair of jeans.
- J.Crew seaside linen-blend shorts in black – I have the older version of these in olive, but this year’s version is so much better. They managed to improve the cut to make it more flattering and the material doesn’t get as baggy as the previous iteration did. It’s definitely worth snagging a pair.
- Target linen-blend cloth napkins – These are just $10 for a set of four! The color is a beautiful, rich pumpkin brown that’s perfect for autumn table settings. Don’t sleep on these.
Thanks for visiting! As a reminder, I may earn an affiliate commission if you buy an item through my links. This is at no cost to you. I appreciate your continued support!