[dropcap custom_class=”normal”]I[/dropcap] have a romanticized vision of traveling overseas and penning endless observations in a journal each night. And, try as I might, I’m just not that kind of girl. I’m more likely to return to the hotel armed with an iPhone full of photos and a purse brimming with receipts, ticket stubs, and coasters. However, the new Moleskine Voyageur notebook takes a unique approach to travel journals, offering flexibility and plenty of features to satisfy various journaling–and travel–styles.
- The worrywart will find comfort at the beginning of the book. There’s a place for personal data, local emergency numbers listed by country, time zones, and a reference for local dialing codes. Other must-haves can be tucked in the interior back pocket.
- The planner will appreciate detachable packing and to-do lists.
- The social media maven will love the removable paper band that features “I AM HERE” written on the reverse side. It’s ideal for destination selfies and Instagrams tagged #m_IAmHere.
- The serious traveler is no match for the journal’s sturdy canvas cover.
- The perfectionist will gravitate to the online tool to format itineraries, photos, and journal entries to print and paste into the Voyageur.
I’m taking the latter approach (mostly because I was such a lazy writer on vacation) and am using the journal as a scrapbook. I’ve been sifting through mementos and recalling obscure stories to include along side of some of my favorite Instagrams.
Disclosure: I received a complimentary Moleskine Voyageur notebook for the purposes of this post.