I haven’t shopped very much recently after being terribly spoiled at Christmas with a few pieces that will be well-loved and often-worn this year: a classic cashmere crewneck in the perfect camel hue, another of my favorite turtleneck sweater (this time in olive), an eye-catching mother-of-pearl pendant necklace, and a roomy everyday bag in saddle-brown. I mean, really, what more could I possibly need? Housewares, it turns out, given the collage above! Part of that is also because I’ve been working on losing weight. I’m already eight pounds down since the beginning of the year, so clothing itself isn’t at the top of my list — especially when we’re still deep into quarantine and I’m not seeing anyone. That said, I couldn’t resist a pretty blouse on sale. Read on to see what I bought and loved recently!
IN THE WARDROBE
See all of this year’s sartorial additions here.
- Tory Burch printed silk twill blouse – Unfortunately the blouse is no longer available, but I’m keeping the link just in case it comes back. I had been wearing the same things on repeat over the past several months and wanted to spruce up my Zoom meetings with a pretty new blouse. I opted for this one when it was on steep discount earlier this month.
- Vince ‘Preston’ sneakers in blue suede – These will forever be my favorite slip-on sneakers. I purchased these to replace my blue tweed pair that had a irreparable cracked sole. (I tried gluing it to no avail!) They held up well, though, through two full years of wear, and thousands of steps through numerous cities and two countries. I always keep an eye on Nordstrom Rack, which usually carries them on sale. They run true to size for me.
AROUND THE HOUSE
- Solino Home linen table runner in forest green – I was on the hunt for a table runner I could use at Christmas and didn’t want to spend a lot on it. I found this linen one on Amazon and it turned out to be even prettier in person.
- West Elm ‘Kaloh’ stoneware pasta bowls in fog – I fell in love with these at the beginning of 2020 when we saw them at the Milwaukee store. We don’t have a lot of available storage in our kitchen, so I tried to stop obsessing over them — unsuccessfully as I ordered them in September. They were backordered until late December, but well worth the wait! They’re generously sized, substantial, and they come in five colors.
- West Elm ‘Hudson’ drink table in dark walnut – Continuing the backorder trend was this drink table that we ordered in May! It was first scheduled to be delivered in October, then November, and then finally shortly after Christmas. I didn’t expect to wait seven months for it, but I’m glad we stuck it out. It’s beautiful and the smaller scale means it can easily be moved to wherever it’s needed.
- Shoen Ceramics dip bowl in satin smoke – I discovered Shoen Ceramics on Instagram at the tail end of 2020 and was struck by how simple and refined Liza’s work is. I ordered this small bowl to keep on the coffee table and corral our Instax prints. Her shop is now closed until spring/summer, but you can sign up for shop updates on her site.
- CB2 ‘Asha’ taper holder – To say I love the aesthetics of this candle holder is an understatement. It’s a gorgeous piece! However, it’s fragile. The first one I received crumbled around the candle opening when I put a candle it with minimal force. CB2 promptly sent a replacement and I carefully whittled down the end of my candle to slide it in with zero resistance. It’s beautiful, but be aware that it’s not the sturdiest thing.
- CB2 matte white serving bowl – The holiday season always leaves me keenly aware of how little I have in terms of serving pieces. We only hosted Dave’s immediate family after doing a strict 14-day quarantine ahead of time (rest assured no one got sick after either), so I didn’t need much in terms of serveware. However, I thought I’d scoop up a bowl this month so I have it on hand if we’re ever able to host folks again!