Happy Friday! After I tackle a few household chores and projects, we’ll be hitting the open road to drive north to visit my parents. There isn’t much on the agenda other than cocktails on the deck, board games, and exploring the shores of Lake Superior on Saturday, so it should be a relaxing way to spend a summer weekend. Have a good one!
- Remembering Aretha Franklin through her most iconic fashion moments.
- Ten design books to add to your collection.
- More chores and a lower allowance. This piece explores how the pay gap and domestic expectations have been perpetuated by generations.
- How dorm room posters defined us.
- I’m not ready to go all in with fall shopping, but I do want to order this cashmere sweater. It looks perfect for those late summer evenings when it’s a little too cool to wear a tank. I’m going with either olive or light pink.
- A ceramicist who combines the traditional with the unexpected.
- Cue Blair Waldorf, headbands are experiencing a resurgence. This luxe one in green is my favorite, and I love these.
- You should really be following Maria Svarbova on Instagram. Her photography is beautiful. You can also adorn your coffee table with her book.
- Outfit your phone and desktop with wallpaper inspired by Tory Burch’s fall collection.
- In defense of the quick fix in your space instead of waiting for perfection.
- If you love cats but hate the ugly furniture for your pet, there’s finally a company that’s creating aesthetically pleasing pieces you won’t mind having in your home.
Finds Under $50:
- This is such a pretty, ladylike dress.
- I spotted this lightweight jacket at the store. It looks really cute in olive.
- Speaking of olive, I’m into this little faux leather bag.
- I love the color combinations of these no-show socks.
- Such a great price for a wear-with-everything Elizabeth and James ring.
Earlier This Week:
- The first midi skirt I’ve liked, and it’s only $30!
- The week’s most coveted. My brother is getting married next month and is having a very low key wedding (as in it’ll be held at his house; no formalities or traditions of any sort), but I might snag that dress for the occasion.
Photo via this post.
Let’s keep in touch! Instagram / Facebook / Pinterest / Bloglovin’